VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio Editing Software
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Software for Sound?
Audacity
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Audition
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
Cool Edit
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
Goldwave
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Pro Tools
26%
 26%  [ 14 ]
Samplitude
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
other
28%
 28%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 52

Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Audio Editing Software Reply with quote

What are we using?

Last edited by Deirdre on Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deebs...

I can't vote because there isn't a "none of the above" button :roll:

Of course I suspect there aren't many true renegade/loose cannons out there like me, but FWIW...I use Audio Desk (Digital Performer without the midi) on my ancient of days B&W Mac G3.

Dave (on the fringe of most everything)
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave:
I've added an "other" choice, just for you.
Well, and anyone else who has "Other" issues.

xo
DB
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deirdre wrote:
Dave:
I've added an "other" choice, just for you.
Well, and anyone else who has "Other" issues.

xo
DB

Wow...thanks! I'm feeling all warm/fuzzy and included. You are the mistress with the mostest :wink:

Dave
dscott
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: other... Reply with quote

Hi There!
I've used pro-tools before on my OS9 supermac... but i've been using a PowerBook G4 these days.
For software I've used soundtrack with garageband samples to create music beds. also Logic works great too, Since I just got iLife '05 with garageband I'll be trying that too. It's really easy to create music beds with these tools.
Happy tracking!
Dave Scott
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Pro Tools and Adobe Audition/CE Reply with quote

I voted for PT as I'm just starting to use it, however, my main program in Audition. I'm comfortable with it and could use it in my sleep. However it would not let me vote again.

I've tried audacity and it is a great free program.

Justin
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. DB, how about us multi-lingual folks who may use PT for a session, Audition for another, Sony Vegas for another, then go to Nuendo in yet another session...?

I use Sony Vegas (PC) for almost anything these days as it works simpler than PT - that said, I use Audition when I am at my home studio, I also use PT when a client requests it (yes, I have a MAC suite in the video studio). And I use Stenberg Nuendo for those who just cannot work without it... a couple of Gollywood/Nashville types.

I put my click in for Audition as you do not have a Sony Vegas on the list. I use Audition when I need detailed editing - not SForge - it's too tedious, reminds me of PT.

Frank F[/i]
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Audio Desk Reply with quote

I voted for "other" because I also like Audio Desk. It comes for free when you buy one of their computer interface units, such as the Motu 828. It's very ProTools-esque, but dramatically cheaper. I can recommend it highly.

Bruce
Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive used, and still have on my system Wavelab 3 and 4, Audition(for my music) and Audacity (music again)
Edo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also voted for Pro Tools, but I also use Sony Sound Forge 8.0
danlenard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Editing Software Reply with quote

Garage band!!!!! Simple, gives you cool easy to use loops for background and it interfaces with ITunes.

MAcs are great! (This after being a PC guy for 20 years!)

Right Deirdra?
mikemckenzie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Cool Edit Pro......... Reply with quote

I voted Cool Edit as it's been my mainstay for the last two-and-a-half years. previously, I had both the old Orban Audicy and Orban DSE 7000 digital workstations. I really enjoyed the awesome sound quality I got out of Audicy. I'll soon be upgrading to Pro Tools M-Box. That way I can take sessions to and from work studio to home studio.
Don G.
King's Row

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cool Edit Pro......... Reply with quote

mikemckenzie wrote:
I voted Cool Edit as it's been my mainstay for the last two-and-a-half years. previously, I had both the old Orban Audicy and Orban DSE 7000 digital workstations. I really enjoyed the awesome sound quality I got out of Audicy. I'll soon be upgrading to Pro Tools M-Box. That way I can take sessions to and from work studio to home studio.

Mike, what did you end up doing with the Audicy and the DSE 7000? One of the first digital editors I worked on was the old DSE 7000. In fact I used to work for one of the guys who was instumental in its creation, so we had it when it was first debuted. It was a great, intuitive , fast editor, but at the time audio quality was not its strong suit. Of course, this was ......years ago. Smile

I'd love to have an Audicy now but couldn't really justify the high price tag. MBox may be the least expensive way I'll be able to jump from ProTools free to the LE version. And I'd only do that so that I could stay booted into OS X on my Mac rather than having to work in 9 just for PT Free..
Edo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... a DSE 7000 that sure brings back memories... I've used one when it was still AKG! We were the bomb on 32 khz samplerate, hehehe. But then again, we used it on a major AM oldies station... the price tag was a big thing for me always... the US$ used to always be very high to the Dutch Guilder (which is obsolete now). We changed to Euro and it has been a lot stronger than the dollar ever since. Even considering that now I've spent way more on my ProTools HD rig... no regrets though...
lisaloo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a question:

What do you folks consider to be the EASIEST program to use on a daily basis for simple editing of dry tracks?

Ain't no way I'm ever going to be doing the whole shebang (music, mixing, etc.) but I am interested in taking out breaths and other little tweaks.

Lisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: