VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Focusrite VoiceMaster Pro or Symetrix 528e
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregory Best
The Gates of Troy

Location: San Diego area (east of Connie and south and east of Bailey)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Pre Amps Reply with quote

I am a newbee and have an "ART Tube MP Studio V3" which is also lited in harlan Hogan's book on building a home studio. Got a really good deal. I am running an AKG C3000 mic thru the pre into a Mackie Spike A-D converter. I have a Behringer Eurorack U802 that is not in the audio chain at this time since I have nothing else to mix in but the VOX. (Music of SFX I add in Audition.) I was using the mixer with its built-in pre's before I got the tube pre. I get a much warmer sound with the tube pre. It has a number of settings and the literature says the V3 is for "variable valve voiceing" which are the differrent settings.

Anyone familier with what I have? Is this tube pre good enough to get going?
Edo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Greg,

I know the unit you have, but be wise and forget about the factory settings or the suggestions they make... they've all been aimed at recording singing vocals, and not so much to the specifics of voiceovers... Just experiment and find your own favorite settings. You're using a nice mic. Remember that your room acoustics will decide the better part of your sound. Don't try fixing stuff with your pre that should have been fixed in the room in the first place...

Good luck from The Netherlands!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: