VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi from new user, would appreciate eval of my demo site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthBySoWhat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Hi from new user, would appreciate eval of my demo site. Reply with quote

Hi there,

My name's Sean McCormick, I hail from Austin, TX. Like I mentioned to Deirdre, I'm a fledgling VO talent (only 2 years professionally on the mic side of the glass, several years running/editing the recordings via Pro Tools and Sound Forge) and an audio/video/web/dvd producer for a large publishing company in Austin, TX.

I would appreciate hearing what I'm doing wrong and right as far as my web presence is concerned: http://www.seanmccormick.biz . I've yet to really figure out the right combo/amount of demo material to make available.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this great resource.

Sean
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome Smile

One quick thing I noticed...the link to Kon and Nok is bust-mo-fied (<< technical term)

Overall...simple, easy to navigate, which is always good.

Since you have a few Flash elements that people are going to click on to do stuff, you may want to script the embedding of the Flash objects to get around the Internet Explorer "Click to activate and use this control" issue.

I can give you sample code if you don't have some already for the above.

Did you intend for the Voice123 link to go to their home page or did you want it to go to your page on their site (it's not currently)?

"Well, yeah, there's my favorite leaf!"
SouthBySoWhat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lou,

Thanks for the feedback! I've addressed all of your points (slapping forehead repeatedly). It is a bit spartan design-wise, but I'm currently applying the Keep It Simple, Stupid methodology until I get my act better figured out (wow, really bad grammar).

Your site looks terrific, btw.

Thanks again,

Sean
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthBySoWhat wrote:
Your site looks terrific, btw.

Why thank you! (do you like how I didn't even follow my own advice...Flash comes up with the silly IE tooltip to click to activate...doh!...I'm gonna not fix it, just to rebel against myself)

I'm working on completely re-doing it haha. But I have some other stuff to take care of first. Ugh. How come we only get 24 hours / day?

"Well, yeah, there's my favorite leaf!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: