VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegas Journal (old thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
asnively
Triple G

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh don't worry Penny! I don't feel excluded or tricked! Just annoyed! Smile

Last edited by asnively on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
tammymcd
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Warning - long post Reply with quote

Hi everyone! and welcome to all of our new found VO-BB family! I'd say a howdy to each of you- but after 35 pages of stuff.....I'm lucky I'm not looking like Miaku at his desk! Smile Reading all of the posts was a fabulous way to spend a few hours though! And all the pics!! really fabulous!! Thanks to everyone who put them up - and thanks to all of you absolutely wonderful souls for being in this business and being who you are - and going to Vegas so I could meet you! I love you all! I echo everyone's sentiments - it was so wonderful to finally meet so many of you in person!! Especially since you're even cooler and more fun in person than on here.....and that's pretty hard to do! Liz - ok -while it was obviously totally great to see my Brother and Sister-in-law and stay with them while I was in Vegas......I have to say - I'm totally bummed I missed out on rooming with you. Especially since you got to go to the premier thing!! OK - I'm calling roomy for wherever the bunny slippers turn up next year! Smile And you say I'm lucky! DB - you are my fashion and attitude hero - you ferocious chick you!

So - after VOICE I couldn't wait to get home and chat with everyone - but after getting home Sunday and unpacking - and then looking at over 150 e-mails, answering the 20 emergencies and doing laundry....not to mention reassuring my kitties that I hadn't actually left them for good - I pretty much crashed - Monday and Tuesday I was doing production work on a commercial and those were 12 and 13 hour days, However the great part of that - besides getting to work with Bruce's baby sister Zibby - was that the producer and I were chatting and she said - oh you do VO? - just so happens I'm doing a big national diabetes commercial and I need a VO for that - send me a demo!!! So - duh - I did that Monday night! Wed - audiobook work and redoing first script of an animation thing because they decided that they really liked my normal voice better than the one they asked me to do....ugh.....oh well, on the good side - that also meant I got paid again. Smile Thur - 6am radio show - visit parents who are sure I've dropped off the planet - redo second script of same animation thing. Friday - visit parents again - spend lots of time on yard - which now looks a bit like land of the lost...in fact I think I saw a few small children running out as I hacked threw the weeds - but I digress - anyway playing with one of the cats who didnt get his going outside time while I was gone - and add - slowly going thru e-mail every day.....and then.....another private lead - get to demo it this weekend!! Smile Hence - why it's taken me so long to get on the board after VOICE 2007! I guess all that great energy from the conference just kept going!

So all of you who thought I was lucky with winning the microphone, well, I know I'll be at VOICE 2008 because I also won paid conference for next year.....and one of our wonderful VO family gifted me with his certificate for Love Notes!! And Rachel from CO gave me her VOICE 123 t-shirt!! Oh yeah - the guy I won the mic from - asked me to send him a demo! So - yup I was so unbelievably lucky - I'm still pinching myself!! what a bruise I have! Laugh But to be honest - I felt lucky before I even left my house because I get to be on this site with some of the most wonderful people it's ever been my priviledge to know. Dave - thanks so much for.....well - for being hot of course - but also for being so generous. I love the VO-BB shirt!! And I loved the tour of the station and being able to see you do your thang on the news.....my sister in law is so jealous! Bruce and Emma - you two beautiful people - thank you so much for letting me ride with you, getting our spamalot group all set up and for being so sweet and generous and wonderful! Bruce - you know you're my guru! And thanks for starting that cha cha around the room on the first day! Wink Frank - my sister in law still talks about being able to talk to you and the fact that you gave me a ride home!! I always knew how great you were - but even though she was a fan before - now she might volunteer as the president of your fan club! Wink As for what I learned....oh.....my ......GOSH!!! My brain is so full, I'm having to take it out and get it downloaded just so I can have enough room to remember my name!!

There's so many wonderful people to say hi to and thank and so many wonderful stories to relate and I plan to do that over the next few days- There's so much to tell about the speakers and other awesome VO folk I met......but it's about 1:30am and I've been working on my taxes all day and I'm a bit brain baked from the last two weeks - so I'll sign off for now. Big hugs and lots of love to you all and I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter cool Tammy
Audiogal
King's Row

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy, George. It was a pleasure meeting you in Las Vegas. Glad you are able to join us here in the zoo...I mean...on the board. Wink
MarcyW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Photos from Vegas Reply with quote

I finally finished editing the VOICE photos and posted them on a web site. Took longer than I thought because I built the site with Adobe GoLive, which I just started using. It's a great program but has a very steep learning curve....

The photos are located at www.WorthingtonPhotographyHome.com. Hope you like them - there are lots of images on the site and not all of the photos are even posted.

We had a fantastic time in Vegas and enjoyed meeting so many people from the board. It felt like we were with family! Next time, we plan on staying an extra day or two so there is time to really socialize.
Marcy Wink
Gregory Best
The Gates of Troy

Location: San Diego area (east of Connie and south and east of Bailey)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Whew, now I need my web site done... Reply with quote

Now maybe I can get Marcy into doing my web site.

I wonder where I can find her???

Hmmm, maybe ust down the hall.

(We're married for those on the board that don't now it.)

Having a little fun and still trying to get caught up (and rested) after Vegas.

(Edited for typos Marcy found when my eyes were half shut.)

greg@gregorybest.com

Last edited by Gregory Best on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike
Nasty Brit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Marcy!

I'm trying to figure out how you managed to NOT get Todd in most of the pictures.

Maiku.

"If grass could run, cows would look like tigers."
Murray Wiggle
tammymcd
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Thanks Marcy!! Reply with quote

Great Shots Marcy! What a sweetheart you are to share. Everytime I look at the photos that everyone so generausly shared I get a warm fuzzy VO feeling all over again.OK - have I said how awesome everyone on this board is lately? - if not - I'm totally slipping!! Wink Tammy
MarcyW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Las Vegas Photos Reply with quote

Glad you like the photos - I don't remember how many I posted or the total number I took, but I have hundreds of images.

Greg must have been tired when he wrote his last post, since it has several typos. I've promised to finish his web site as soon as I have a bit of spare time, which is in short supply this month. Our 15th wedding anniversary is April 26th, so I'd better have his site completed by then!!!!

Is anyone proficient in GoLive? I've used Photoshop and Illustrator for years but I'm pretty much a GoLive novice - but it's getting easier.
MelissaVoicer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Marcy!!! I ordered my CD! Let the scrapbooking begin! Ok, so I don't have time to scrapbook these days, but at least I'll be ready when I do! Smile
KaraEdwards
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Marcy! You are wonderful!

Kara Edwards
http://www.karaedwards.com
kara@karaedwards.com
Audiogal
King's Row

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the pics, Marcy!
MelissaVoicer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and after a brief jaunt to lovely Terre Haute, Indiana this weekend for a tae kwon do tournament...I've caught up with the days I missed on the board...so....

WELCOME ALL YOU NEW PEOPLE!
And a special welcome to the Divine Miss P! cool
bobbinbeamo
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Marcy for all those photos. Looking at them was such fun, and a reminder of a really big thing that happened for all of us. For those who weren't there you'll find some pretty good coverage on the web, and of course VOICE is offering a DVD package of the entire event, with some necessary exceptions. Welcome & Thanks again for posting the pics!
COURVO
Even Taller Than He Seems On TV

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots Marcy!!

You were everywhere! Nice work on the site... apparently you're pretty good with steep learning curves.... now if you can just work on Greg's spelling. ;-}

Courvo
Courvo's "Voice Acting in Vegas" Blog: http://www.CourVO.biz
on your phone at courvo.mobi
"I'm not a news anchor, but I play one on TV."
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bobbin wrote: ...and of course VOICE is offering a DVD package of the entire event,...).

Actually it is an .mp3 audio CD with some special features. almost everything will be on the CD in .mp3 format. Some of the presentations are artfully missing due to contractual restraints.

Frank F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 35 of 42

Jump to: