VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hittin' the road...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Hittin' the road... Reply with quote

Well, my wife and I are hitting the road for 10 days of "getting lost because we couldn't decide where to go." We'll be driving no'th to Booth Bay Harbor tonight for a short visit with my brother and his family, then going west from there, after a short stop in Boston (or so I'm thinking).

Back in the day this would have been done on the motorcycle, when I got married, I lost my iron butt and bought a conversion van for these trips, now she wants to take her Honda CRV because her legs aren't long to drive the van!?!? Come on.....

I swear, it's getting to the point where I'll have to get online and request postcards from people with made up stories about what happened so I can amaze myself, neighbors, friends and family with the "vacations" I never took.

Oh well, I'll have the laptop and BlackBerry.

Kevin
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, are you really heading north? If so, I will stand out on Rte 91 and flag you down. Email me for directions to my house. Meals are served at 7 am, 11 am, 1 pm, 4 pm, 7 pm & 11 pm, plus snacks. And bring a few dozen microphones for me to try out why you're at it.... Smile

MCM
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're just a few miles inland from I-95. If you're coming to Maine, I'd sure as heck love to see you guys.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! I would've brought some mics had I seen this earlier!! We'll stop next time though!

We drove during the evening and ended up doing the same last night. At 18 months, two of my nephews, overly excited twins, could communicate with sign language as well as a deaf man. I've never seen a kid in diapers ask to be changed, then get the diaper and go to the changing station. Their older brother and sister sister could learn a thing or two, but according to my brother, in Japan, it's common place, who knows.

Maine was way too hot, the drive to the movie theatre was too long, but the bacon wrapped scallops and lobster rolls were amazing!

Kevin
John M

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgenus wrote:
Doh! I would've brought some mics had I seen this earlier!! We'll stop next time though!

We drove during the evening and ended up doing the same last night. At 18 months, two of my nephews, overly excited twins, could communicate with sign language as well as a deaf man. I've never seen a kid in diapers ask to be changed, then get the diaper and go to the changing station. Their older brother and sister sister could learn a thing or two, but according to my brother, in Japan, it's common place, who knows.

Maine was way too hot, the drive to the movie theatre was too long, but the bacon wrapped scallops and lobster rolls were amazing!

Kevin

Should have gone to a Smitty's Cinema. A/C and cold beer.
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let Kevin's extremely bad form be a lesson to you all. From now on, nobody is allowed to post that they're about to leave for regions rich with vo-bb members, and then promptly get in the car without a backward glance. Give us a chance to dish out some hospitality!

Kevin, consider yourself thoroughly scolded.

Okay, I'm over it. Welcome back!
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, we're all learning here!!
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously can't believe you came to Maine and didn't let me buy you guys dinner at Hot Dog Heaven.

I'll have to come to Virginia and lay the Smackdown on you.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NEW JOISY! Reply with quote

Okay, I not a great big fan of NJ but it's where my wife's family resides and every once in a while we go visit. During the trip we spent four hours at a friend's wedding and while I was sneaking through the pictures I found one amazing image. If you're into imagery click here. It was taken at the Battlefield Country Club somewhere in NJ near Exit 8A on the NJ Turnpike. It's a 3 meg image, but what a desktop![/url]

On another note, when I come up to Maine later this year I'll plan some specific times to meet up with you guys. Or, we could all crash the annual AudioFile party, I've heard very good things about those cookouts.

-g
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: By the time you get to Phoenix Reply with quote

If any of you make it down Phoenix way, you're always welcome to ring me up and come by and swap war stories. BUT DON'T COME NOW OR FOR THE NEXT TWO MONTHS! You New (and Old) Englanders would surely persish in the heat. We're talking a couple of days of 115 next week after a bunch of 112 high temps this week.

Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: