VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Story of the year!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Story of the year! Reply with quote

I cannot believe I am telling you all this, but it will serve as a warning NOT to get irritated with your friendly microphone.

It has been a difficult day, and I won't go into detail, except to say I have been working for about 22 hours straight on VO projects and other things which I am involved with. So I am now doing the VO for a long narration which is needed by tomorrow by some folks at the Pentagon and I just cannot get into the swing of things.

My mixer is failing on me - going from decent sound to half decent sound, due to the heat in my studio (Oh, did I mention the A/C died earlier?). So after the um-teenth time of having to speak very loud very close to a little stiltto style condensor microphone to get the mixer to reset - I yelled some words which I shall not repeat.

And wouldn't you know it -smak - crack - boom, my mouth was definately OPEN, and my teeth came down on the little microphone - and you guessed it I broke two teeth in the front of my mouth - one on the top and one on the bottom...

...and I still have work to do...I was only on page six of thirty-four...

The result is I am now not only NOT a happy camper, but I cannot speak well at all... guess the burger joint is beconing...

Frank F
billelder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,

I am truly sorry for your troubles. Oh man, that's bad news about your teeth. My dentist is really cool. He has a TV in the ceiling of every room and they give you the remote. I told him I as considering replacing all my teeth with white Chicklets.

Hope today is better and this never happens again.
Mike
Nasty Brit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Story of the year! Reply with quote

Ouch! Frown

That's.....well, actually it's really funny. But you really do have my sympathies. I hope you were able to hang in there and get the gig finished.

I gotta ask though.....how's the mic?

Mike.

"If grass could run, cows would look like tigers."
Murray Wiggle
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read about this last night, all I could think was "Those Pentagon guys better be paying Frank A LOT!!

I mean-- a 34-page rush job!?

Smpathies for your teeth, too.
billelder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deirdre,

If Frank F is working for the Pentagon that explains the sunglasses in the Avitar!
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's off to the dentist I go this morning. I managed to push the bottom front tooth back into place (sort of...) and finished the job witha bit of a lisp... I guess it'll have to be part of the "don't ask, don't tell" picture in Washinton these days.

Believe it or not, I think the mic sounds better... but it doesn't taste very good....LOL.

Ahh'll be back... at least that's what Arnold would say...

Boy this hurts - ouch.

FF

Thanks for the laugh this morning folks... I needed it...
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLMAO

That's the funniest thing I've read in years!
lisaloo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF -

So sorry! I actually winced reading that post. Ouch!

Lisa
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like I am out of the VO game for a week or so... they put my mouth in a cast... (actually just a lot of stuff as they did some minor surgery to put the tooth back into place).

So I guess I get to let the fingers do the talkin'...

Thanks for the good thoughts all, I appreciate all of you.

Frank F

Oh, just for those who wish to hear what I did... Friday afternoon approximately 2:30 p.m. Tacoma, Washington USA time click on

http://137.241.248.57/rodeo2005

to see and hear a "live" streaming video of the event called "Rodeo" for the Air Force. This was part of the script and items I had been working on for the previous 57 hours. I am the guy who will be explaining the awards origin... and helped set up the streaming media system plus some other things which won't be available to the folks on the net.

FF
billelder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,

I am truly sorry for your troubles and I hate that you're out of action for so long. Take care of that tooth and yourself.
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: The Tooth Fairy Owes You Real Big Reply with quote

Frank - Ow! Feel Better!
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! Hope the heal is a fast one.
audio'connell
T-Shirt

Location: in a dark studio with a single bulb light...day after day after....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: You knew this was coming Reply with quote

"Fwank

I jus wanded to thay that I sythimpithized wif your oral sythtuathun.

I too have exthperiunced mic wage wherw whone's fusthtwations howah taken out on the micwaphone.

Da micwaphones, it tuwrns out, are guud fightewrs. I too wost my battle and da swelwing awond da mouf is quite painfuw.

I am contempwating da stawt of a twelve step pogwam fo dose caught in da painfuw donward spiwal dat is mic wage.

Da fiwst step is dat we amit dat we ah powawess owwr da micwaphones."
:wink:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thamp ooh, ow ahhl ah ave to do sss elrn oww to alk.

If you didn't understand... It said: Thank you, now all I need to do is re-learn how to talk...

I guess I will have to be one of the first charter members of the Mic Rage program...

Anyone catch the "webcast" I mentioned above? Just would like some critiques... need the halp ya' know. Lots of logistical problems, and stuff on this one, but it seemed to go well.... at least I think.

Frank F
donrandall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Anyone catch the "webcast" I mentioned above? Just would like some critiques... need the halp ya' know. Lots of logistical problems, and stuff on this one, but it seemed to go well.... at least I think.

Hey , it was well produced and slick but it sure coulda used some babes what was showin' a little leg, know waddaImean?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: