VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

website critique and demo critique please!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bibliobound

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mary:

You are welcome. If you ever need harmony for your Enya style (I love her!) I am more than willing to help. : ) I keep bugging Pat to come east again because it does get pricey to fly. I had attended one day in Boston but loved it so much I stayed a second day. There is so much I still need to learn...it certainly is a long term process. I wish I had started at your age....I am 42 and if I only knew then what I know now!

Best wishes,
Nancy
mythwoman
Contributore Level V

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Nancy,

I e-mailed Pat Fraley once or twice asking if he'd consider doing a workshop in Texas, but I don't think it'll be on his schedule anytime soon.

As for my singing, the CD I have can be heard online at www.cdbaby.com
under Bill Webb (recording artist, composer, producer). The CD I recorded with him is called Healing Music. I perform all the vocals for the songs which were improvised to go with his music compositions. If you have time to hear the samples that would be great! I'd appreciate your thoughts on that too.

I haven't asked him about posting samples on my own website yet but I'll get around to it. I take Yoga lessons from his studio.

Take care,
Mary
bibliobound

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mary:

Really beautiful vocals on the cd. You should at least have some written credit for your voice though you are on his arrangements. If someone was listening to the demo for the cd and your name was there it might give you more business for your other voice talents.

I think I preferred the ones without words because the words tend to distract me and the purity of your voice is sufficient. It is also easier to get lost in the music/experience that way. ( I did a brief listen to each clip on the cd) Isn't yoga awesome...: ) The mind body is so important. I certainly can hear things in my voice when I am not centered.
Best wishes,
Nancy
mythwoman
Contributore Level V

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!
(I hope you aren't tired of me saying Thanks)

I haven't gotten many folks to listen to the samples online and my marketing skills are still developing. And since the compositions are not mine, I've kind of left that to the composer. That may change, though I'm rather obsessed with voiceovers at the moment.

I agree about the words in some songs, but that's what the composer wanted (I think he wanted to experiment with variety since he's composed other CDs). So other than Childlike Wonder, I improvised the rest. The CD is played off and on at my Yoga studio, but the classes are not crowded.

I prefer vocals too, especially during my stretches and meditation. Words get too distracting. I can't listen to Lord of the Rings or other movie scores without getting jealous. I want to perform vocals for movie and video game scores and eventually compose my own pieces to record.

There's a Mediatech Institute in Dallas with a course in audio engineering. The cost would be an awful lot but with my love for voiceover, music and recording arts, it sounds perfect for me.

Take care!
Mary
bibliobound

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mary:

Yes, the marketing piece is still something I am learning. I have been blessed with getting quite a bit of work but it is not as steady as I would like and I am open to all areas as well though I like the idea of using my voice for good and noble purposes if possible. (healing arts are great) I recently did my first national commercial but wonder how you get into "the big time" (union vs. nonunion) Wouldn't it be cool to do the movies! I, too, am obsessed. I drive my family crazy by critiquing nearly every commercial I hear and muttering that I wished I had had a shot at it. : ) Do your yoga classmates know it is you on the cd? Word of mouth is an awesome marketing tool as well. You could have links to from your website to everything you do which will increase your visibility. Take care and best wishes for success,
Nancy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: