VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any FTP site recs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gjoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Any FTP site recs? Reply with quote

Hey guys (and girls).

Any recommendations on a good, secure FTP site? Have been using dropload.com, which has been okay, and free (luv that price), but lately, it's been farting a lot and hanging up. Time to actually find a site and pay them I guess. Working on a couple projects where the clients want some heavy duty wavs, so email attachments aren't an option.

Tried something called MagicVortex, that was a waste of time. It's slower than sending email attachments.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gary.
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try www.onlinefilefolder.com. Easy to use and only $9 a year. I love it.

Dave

Opps, forgot to mention to get signed up go to www.godaddy.com and click on the Email tab at the top...you'll then see online file folder.
Wes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For really large files, I use YouSendIt.com

Upload the file to them, they then notify the recipient they have a file ready to retreive.

The free price can't be beat!
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Swapdrive has been excellent Reply with quote

I've been using Swapdrive.com for my FTP site. You get 100MB storage for $7 a month, they're easy to use, you can upload up to 9 items at a time, it has an easy to use address list and delivers a custom subject line and message with the download instructions if you wish, and it tells you when the client downloaded the file. It doesn't happen often, but that last feature has been great when a radio station says I didn't send them a copy of the spot and can tell them in seconds what time of what day it was downloaded, and they can check there files and find it.

Bruce
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had experience with dropload.com? If so, have you been satisfied with the service?

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: