VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's a Darned Shame

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: It's a Darned Shame Reply with quote

1. BlueZebraHosting.com
Darn, it's just a shame they deleted my website after I simply asked them to not automatically charge my credit card next month when my year's hosting expires.

2. Digignite of Gulfport, MS
Darn, it's just a shame that these guys can't seem to pay me what they owe me from last year and the first quarter of this year. It's not much, but it's a darned shame anyway.

Last edited by Deirdre on Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
scooter2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: It's A Shame! Reply with quote

Hey DB,

I like this "It's a shame" discourse. It could lead to an endless line of "shames." BTW I tried to e-mail you some stuff yesterday. It's a shame that three attempts came back as undeliverable.

Your pal.

ss
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Scotty.

Yes, my db-cooper.com e-mail is all goofed up as a result of this BlueZebra thing.

It's a shame, really.
You can always use my vo-bb.com address.
billelder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deirdre,

I can relate. I see all kinds of stuff at my mom's "assisted living" facility. But if you every want to see me freak, tell me my e-mail's down.
Laugh
Latech70

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: It's a Darned Shame Reply with quote

Deirdre wrote:
2. Digignite of Gulfport, MS
Darn, it's just a shame that these guys can't seem to pay me what they owe me from last year and the first quarter of this year. It's not much, but it's a darned shame anyway.

Youse wants me to go have a "talk" wit deese guys? Seeing as how dey are just down da road a few hours... :wink: I'll make 'em an offer dey can't refuse.

That is a crying shame. It really is. Ya gotta hate non-paying bastiges.
Dennis O'Neill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there shold be a "wall of shame" with client names, logos, links, etc. for those that don't pay - or otherwise make life poopy. The "wall" is circulated thru influential sites and submitted monthly to mags, studios, etc.. If it's a studio, then to their clients. They stay up there until things are rectified. Then they must pay a "conveineice Fee" to get removed. Kind of 'reverse advertising' if you wish.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis O'Neill wrote:
I think there shold be a "wall of shame" with client names, logos, links, etc.

If only the BBB were a world organization and all were members.

Kevin
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never dream of telling you to stop doing business with these guys, nor will I permit messages which include exhortations to not do business with certain entities based on bad experience.

My lawyers have advised me that it would be bad form, as it were.

However, if we merely inform one another that it is a Darned Shame that certain entities are late with payments, or perform their services badly, well, it's just a darned shame that such things are happening in the world, that's all.
Dennis O'Neill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awful if anybody took my suggestion. I mean, I can see if somebody set up some website or something to that effect and were able to deal with the consequences,..well I'd just feel terrible. You know what a joker I can be.

No, you're right. Certain people, organizations, have their problems and deal with circumstances as they best can, and it doesn't always meld with your (or my) policy, and that's really just a shame.

I'll try to contribute one of those unfortunate circumstances - as soon as I can find the email from last year.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's less of a shame now, about Digignite. In today's maill I received payment for the Ocotber 2004 gig I did, plus a bonus for being a Good Guy.
I've still got another invoice oustanding from January, but suffice it to say I'm less unhappy than I was.
billelder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! A "bonus for being a Good Guy"! I hope those folks that have owed me for a while ready this.

Hint...hint. Laugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: