VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sticking out my big chin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tway12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: sticking out my big chin Reply with quote

HI folks,
Been part of the group for a while and thought I would finally enter the ring and stick my chin out for the big critique. If my techno skills have not eluded me, I believe my website will show up with the post. NO guts, no glory.

Let the games begin...lob the holy hand grenade of antioch.
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a direct link to the audio of the commercial demo:

http://www.voices.com/studiofiles/jt/cstreadway/COMDEM12.mp3
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tway12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Many Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for your help Bob.
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my comment is regarding the volume of the clips. particularly the third or fourth one, the volume really dropped low... the next one then blasted in higher than any of the others, which might be an issue.

Perhaps it's just me also, but on the first you sounded a bit too glottal in certain pronunciations.

Now that said, I liked a lot of the clips, as they came off really smooth and creamy. I'm keeping my gf away from this clip just in case she decided to trade up, lol.

Blog - A man, a martini, and a lot of microphones
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tway12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Thanks Yoda Reply with quote

Yeah,

Luckily I worked the volume thing out when I put together my demo cds. Thanks for the critique and Bob, a little help for a newbie techie...how'd you post the link?

C.S.
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C.S.,

When you look at your Voices.com page, right above the flash player there's link to the audio file associated with the title of the demo. I just "right-clicked" on that link and pasted it into a message here.

You're welcome for the help.

Since you've done some work fixing the level problems, you might want to re-upload that processed audio to replace what's currently on your Voices.com page. Just rip an MP3 copy of your demo CD track and replace your commercial demo there.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: