VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-record Routine
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I recall recording with my morning voice was for a radio station's movie trailer hoax called White Noise, their version was full of Bushisms, you know that works very well in DC's market. It was a rush gig, so I rolled out of bed, hopped in the booth and read like I felt, irritated and lifeless. I thought he was a good writer, I wish I had watched a little more television or gone to the movies because I had no clue there was a real movie called White Noise from which he had hijacked the copy, but the lawyers did. After four days it was yanked.

I digress, if you're working on range based exercises you should be able to recall it. Two octave vocal slurs work great for pitch control. Using a vowel (A-E-I-O-U), start low, go high and back down again. Do them slow enough to complete on one breath (using one vowel). Do them fast to complete multiple runs on one breath (using one vowel). Incorporate lower ranges (below the range of your morning voice) and upper head (nasal) into this as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: