VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing on just an ipad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iannyc
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject: Editing on just an ipad Reply with quote

Hi VO friends,

I just got an ongoing gig that involves 10 minute video narrations, and its becoming more of a necessity to do my editing on the go.

I dont have an ipad yet, but how do you find the editing process in most DAW’s on an ipad (or other tablet)? Are you able to make the cuts and pastes the way you like them without too much fuss? What program is best on the tablet for the simple editing stuff?

Thanks friends!

-Ian
Nate Barham

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do most of my recording to an iPad Pro and use it as my primary computer for work (Edu) writing/publishing (Barhamink.com) and basically everything else besides PC gaming.

Ferrite Recording Studio is awesome. Probably the best if you want all of the newest feature updates (pencil, trackpad, keyboard shortcuts). It auto-applies normalization, which I don’t love, but other than that, it is excellent.

I also like n-Track. It’s a little more traditional in look and feel, but accessory support isn’t even close there. Both will do AU plugins, though.

Cubasis is the most full-featured from an technical audio perspective that I’ve seen, but it doesn’t have trackpad or very thorough keyboard support.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: