VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New SAG-AFTRA earnings requirements
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
melissa eX
MMD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. I'm sorry Tre. a lot of people in that boat. about 3k members. And retirees collecting a pension get shuffled off to medicare.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Melissa.

Here is my issue with the "excuses". With telehealth services (Disclaimer: I work with a group which offers telehealth services and consult - or did consult - as part of my other life) and the advent of many other lower cost services an increase in fees/levels of service for value seems unwarranted.

70% of most doctor visits could be eliminated with use of telemedicine. Catastrophic events of course would still need attention by a physician and or hospitalization.

Costs should drop by at least 40% and maybe more by use of such services. Telemedicine is the future of healthcare.

The argument by the union does not add up to fact.

The group I work with, and this is not an advertisement, offers other services as well including legal, dental, vision, hearing services, physician visit discounts, hospital stay discounts, pharmacy discounts, mental heath counseling, and much more. Many other groups offer similar discount services.

So I "feel" there is a shell game going on here. Move the pieces, charge more, and make people think they are getting something special for less actual services.

O.K., I have stood on my soapbox long enough, but this "smells" of something and a as psychologist it needs investigation to get to the truth.

Frank F

Last edited by Frank F on Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, Melissa. With a quick look, which at this point in the day is all I've got in me, the hikes aren't too awful. Even the premiums seem to have gone up by only $75 for individual coverage (300 to 375 per quarter).

I'll need to look more closely tomorrow when I can expect to be sprightlier, or at least better caffeinated.
Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received a fancy packet in the mail, listing much of the information you linked to, Melissa. I imagine you did as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: