VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to know if you will be successful...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: How to know if you will be successful... Reply with quote

I thought (I know scary - me thinking...) some folks might like to see these few quips about being a success at what it is we do - or anything for that matter.

I will share a few quips over the next few days if you like- or even if you do not.

Turn Success Into A Game, Not a Grind

Life is complex and messy. It can be extremely difficult to get traction, let alone find motivation.

But motivation is something you can learn to create at will. Becoming deeply passionate about something is also within your creative control. You can choose to become as successful as you desire.

"Life is a game, play it."
- Mother Theresa

We hear a lot about people "grinding" these days. And, that sound just awful! Grinding day in and day out is a path to burnout and misery.

The best performers in the world do not "grind", they game! As an example, Warren Buffett became good at selling because as a child he would go door-to-door selling chewing gum. He was not focused on making money. Instead he was fascinated with trying to figure out which flavors sold best. Buffett is still playing the same games.

"If it can be counted, you can turn it into a game."

Rather than "practicing" in a tedious and boring way, turn you practice into a game. This is why Cross-fit is so successful. There are objectives - where you start and complete new challenges.
- Author - David Doyle.

I have been learning Celtic Irish over the past few months. Using the Rosetta Stone app., I started by seeing how many objectives I would complete in a single day, and how may days it would take to complete Levels or challenges in a row.

It became a game and is actually fun rather than a grind.

Tip #2 hint: Ignition

If you like I will continue, if not...???

F2
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisdom or advice offered with kindness and care is pleasant thing to see in unusual times.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I do the names, addresses and telephone numbers of eye docs, dentists and lawyers - sometimes hundreds a month - since 2004. It is a game to me now. Sorted by state, I work my way around the country, visualizing each city as I go.

I use Read 2 Record (no longer being supported or updated) and just click and read, so I don't have to think about anything else.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip # 2: Ignition (n): The motivational process that occurs when your identity becomes linked to a long-term vision of your future. Triggers significant amounts of unconscious energy; usually marked by the realization: That is whom I want to be."

- Daniel Coyle

Know That You Can Succeed

There is one moment when you see what you want and a voice organically speaks within you, and you hear and feel this thought -- " I could be that."

This experience is climactic!

Each of us need an identity shift. No "wannabee" ever made it big. At some point they either gave up on their dream or stopped being a wannabe.

What is the difference between a wannabe and an entrepreneur? A wannabe never sees themselves as an impressario. These fine folks have not made the conversion to where they fully identified themselves as being an entrepreneur/businessperson. On the other hand the business minded person say "being an entrepreneur is who they were from the start". They had ignition.

The producer type of person began their journey the moment they began investing in their goals, and they made the conscious decision --- this is WHO I AM.

Your identity follows your behavior. Therefore, this "shift" wont happen until after you begin acting in the role you plan to play. One does not start with faith or hope. We choose to have it. This is a conscious choice, followed by behavior. Then selfdom and action/ignition follow.

Coming soon: None Of Your Business!

F2
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It is none of you business"

O.K., you have had a chance to see to review a couple of things which determine what makes you successful. Now it is time to get down to a few nitty-gritty things.

What other people think of you is none of your business.

You may choose to stay mediocre at something and you can do that forever. Many people do just that by keeping their hopes and aspirations to themselves. However, if you want to become extremely successful, open your dreams with you loved ones.

Living life consolidated reveals a harmonious passion within you. It keeps us from becoming insulated in our lives. The more focused we are on becoming the person we want to be -- the more consistent all areas of our life will be.
The more honest we are with the person we intend to be, the more reinforcement and love is given from our friends and family. Your support
group will hold you accountable to your dreams and goals if they see you not making progress.

Ask yourself: How will you involve key people in your quest?

Then, add this query to your thinking: How can you connect your passion with other areas of your life?

Next up: Do You Have VISIONS?

F2
melissa eX
MMD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConnieTerwilliger wrote:
Quote:

I do the names, addresses and telephone numbers of eye docs, dentists and lawyers - sometimes hundreds a month

I do a bunch of these also. To keep it from becoming mind-numbing I add up the numbers in the phone number and see if I can get to the total before I finish saying the number. Certain combinations are easier than others. Laugh
melissa eX
MMD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank F wrote:
Therefore, this "shift" wont happen until after you begin acting in the role you plan to play.

This is akin to making a demo that reflects - not the work you are currently doing - but the work you aspire to do.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have VISIONS?

Thought # 4: Create A Vision Which Works!

"It does not matter what your vision is. It matters what your vision does.

--Peter M. Senge, The Fifth Disciple

What IS your vision?

More interestingly, what does your vision cause you to do?

Rather than worrying so much about what your vision is, think about what your vision is doing. What is it doing to you? What is it doing to your surroundings? Your behavior? Your relationships? Your aspirations? Your income? Your impact?

Are you and your external world transforming in powerful and inspired ways? If so, then your vision is working? If not, then adjust the vision to ensure it focuses on execution and transformation.

The most important consideration for everyday thinking: "Is your vision working today?

Next up: Practice may not make perfect, but it does help.

F2
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it seems not many are wanting to add to these few success comments so, I will add just one more.

Practice Privately 5 to 10x More Than You Perform Publicly.

"Private victory always precedes public victory."
-- Stephen Covey[/i]

Kobe Bryant was always the first person in the gym and the last to leave. He worked harder than anyone else. He had more coaches and trainers. He had more coaches and more trainers. He pushed his personal limits and perfected (to his best ability) even the smalles facets o his skills.

When practice becomes a game for you, then that is the time when you about to explode in your progress to what you have determined is "success".

Why?

Because success is all about perfecting your skills. True practice and learning forces you to deeply examine the chinks in your armor. You are only as strong as your weakest link. In a world which tells you to ignore your weaknesses, truly successful people do the opposite

With "practice" in mind, have fun milestones.

"Create small victories often. Mourn failures quickly. Dow what is necessary without fanfare."

-- Chris Brogan

One of the keys to mastering anything is creating fun, engaging, and relevant milestones throughout the process.

If you are trying to learn a new language, buy an airplane ticket for 3 months in advance so you may test your knowledge to a place where people speak the language you are learning. Make plans to eat a t fun restaurants and to see interesting things. REWARD yourself in a way which links directly to what you are trying to master.

F2
George
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for posting all of these, frank. i've been enjoying reading them and they're great reminders!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: