VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Properly disinfecting with Lysol spray

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Harrison
M&M

Location: Equidistant from New York City and Philadelphia, along the NJ Shore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Properly disinfecting with Lysol spray Reply with quote

It may be different from other forms of Lysol (liquid, wipes, etc) but, for the spray, what is depicted in their TV commercials will not disinfect.

The label on Lysol spray says, in order for a surface to be completely disinfected, the surface should be sprayed until it is visibly WET. And it must remain wet for at least three minutes... and then, allowed to air-dry on its own (no fanning or blowing).

Their website also states, to disinfect surfaces known to be contaminated with Norovirus, the surface must remain wet for 10 minutes.

Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good scrub with soap and water is still the best and cheapest remedy for most surfaces. Computer keyboards and mice not so much. I’m think rubbing them with an alcohol moistened cloth might do the trick.

In fact, here’s what CNET had to share: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-clean-and-disinfect-your-keyboard-and-mouse/

Mics: we shouldn’t be touching them with our mouths anyway, but intelligent cleaning of surfaces and pop filters should give us something to do this week.

Remember, for 80+ percent of us this will be a moderate to mild to almost symptomless flu-like bug. We’ve just got to be thoughtful of others and try not to share.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went to town yesterday --- i think i'm remaining pretty calm about all of this ...

Karyn OBryant
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. A cotton ball moistened with at least 60% rubbing alcohol should be good to swab down frequently-touched surfaces like keyboards, mice, light switches, doorknobs, screens, keys, etc. (Also, disconnect or power down your keyboards first or you may end up unwittingly purchasing 5000 cheeseburger-themed socks from a random sketchy website.)

I did a pass with an alcohol cotton ball today.

I'm thinking all this cleaning diligence will help keep us all from getting the regular flus and colds so much this year, as well as COVID-19. That's a win in my book.

Also, can I just say I didn't know how gross my light switches and mouse had gotten? Ew.

www.karynobryant.com
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of us who worked in restaurants remember bleachy water, a 10 to 1 mix of water and bleach. Not good for electronics but many other surfaces.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: