VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone using DaVinci Resolve 16 and Izotope RX 7?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:23 pm    Post subject: Anyone using DaVinci Resolve 16 and Izotope RX 7? Reply with quote

So I have been having a little fun with new toys (bought and put together a Raspberry Pi 4b) and thought originally to make a Hackintosh. But, then just for giggles I looked for Linux apps which would do what I wanted.

So here is the list and the ones which work on Linux, Mac, and PC too are:

DaVinci Resolve 16 - a superb video and Fairlight Audio suite.. I am liking this a lot as I play with it on PC.

Izotope RX 7 Post Production Suite: I bought this for one and only one plugin. However it is becoming useful for other things as well.

Blender - for 3D animation and graphics. I found this also is a decent audio and video editor as well.

Any thoughts or ideas for my pi folly are welcome.

F2
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have not used the audio portion of davinci resolve 16 ... yet. i m in the process of learning the NLE for video editing to parole myself from the prison that is adobe. i love the video editor and the color grading is, of course, the freekin' bomb. i am looking forward to making the switch. if you have chunky video that looks like crap - this guy can fix it!

ShaneGraham057
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izotope RX7 is a part of my effects stack and I really like what it adds. (Or takes away for that matter) The (not essentials) version is very feature rich, but as you mentioned, I only use one or two of the effects in it.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see I am not the only one doing this... Good!

Shane: It is a shame as there are so many good plugins in Izotope that I only use one - well - now two or three.

Todd: I am enjoying the Cuts in DaVinci and the color correction is to die for. My Learning Curve just got steeper with a bunch of other things I am finding. Oh, and Todd - you have been pardoned from Adobe for life and 100 years.

I am going to tryout DaVinci on the RPie stack and see if it works as well as it does for me on PC. It looks like I won't be doing a Hackintosh since I can find EVERYTHING I need or desire via Linux distros. Putting a Wacom drawing tablet in my video suite is also a plus... now I only to come up with 30G's for the fancy Restore Panels... hahahaha.

F2
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i could find a good alternative to after effects - i would jump ship in a minute. and/or another solution where i could use AE templates.

Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blender is FREE and is superb as an AE alternative; as is Black Magic Design Fusion (not free but comes with the Resolve Studio - $299.00 USD).

Alternatives with a similar workflow include: FXhome HitFilm, FXhome HitFilm (which has a free option available), Blackmagic Design Fusion, and NUKE. Natron is also FREE and works well with Blender however it has a steep learning curve.

Just my $0.02 worth Todd.

F2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: