VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I only ask that I'm paid properly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:50 am    Post subject: I only ask that I'm paid properly Reply with quote

TV ad voiceover pricing explained about 20 minutes ago to Heidi, the ad agency account exec for an airline. Who I must say was a delight but fought to keep the budget in place no matter what they did with the commercial. I used a recent example of a TV campaign being used for an extra month in the UK which generated an extra £2,200 for me. She looked thoughtful so I felt I needed to draw a picture for her to take back to "Bob's Buncha Planes".

Multi country campaign

"If I work for your Airline client & the ad runs for 13 weeks I'm unlikely to do any more TV ads for that period, I kinda belong to you for the duration. How long do you THINK the £1k is going to last me? A Boeing 787 costs around $170 million. Your client has 6! Ok to look again at the budget?"

She'll report to the client and get back to me.

Ladies and gentlemen watching at home I have to say that this reporter is not holding his breath. Now here's Dave Kochglyowovski with all the sports news. Nice tie, Dave!
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people (clients, potential clients) see the value of using a particular talent's voice, and some see the cost to the talent due to wide exposure of that voice, and some see the cost of limiting that voice to just that industry and from possibly getting other work from other high profile industries during that broadcast term.... and some ....

well, they don't.

C'est la vie.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh Philip! It's about an hours work for you!"

"True and 3 months out of work for me too!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: