VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STOP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanC
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject: STOP! Reply with quote

A bit dramatic, I know, but this is an important message to anyone who may have made plans for New Year's Eve.

I'm directing this post to you, the person who's made the decision to commit suicide, to kill yourself, to end your existence. They're pretty stark words, yet grossly inadequate to describe the devastating consequences of your death, despite what you might think.

I know you're tired; tired of feeling hopeless, tired of feeling helpless, tired of feeling worthless, tired of feeling nothing at all. I know you believe your decision will end the pain you believe you are causing your loved ones, removing the horrible burden you believe yourself to be. I know you've most likely considered and probably tried every other possible scenario available to you, to try and improve things and that your decision comes from countless days and hours of soul searching, bringing you to the one conclusion you're convinced is the solution. I know and I understand.

I'm a stranger to you and because I know and understand that means you're not alone. You are not alone. And I'm willing to bet there are many others in this community who know too. And so I'm asking you to stop. Please. I'm asking you to stop because I also know that you're not a burden, that you're not worthless and that even though the emptiness you feel seems infinite, there is hope. I promise you there is hope.

There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the universe would be incomplete without you, so I'm asking you to please reach out. Even if your decision to take your life is resolute, reach out again. Ask for help. I know you've done it before but try again, please.

You're welcome to reach out to me privately on this forum and I promise that if you do, I will answer and I will listen.

There really is hope for a better future. I know.

HELPLINES

USA

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255, Press 1.
The Crisis Text Line can be reached by texting HOME to 741-741

UK

Samaritans Helpline 116 123.
CALM (Nationwide) 0800 58 58 58
SHOUT Get Help Text Line 85258

Australia

Lifeline 13 11 14.
Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636
Suicide Callback Service 1300 659 467

William Butler Yeats
BruceG
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan - thank you for posting this!
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad this wasn't here way back when Mike Sommer might have seen it.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of us have been through some really tough times and the dark thoughts that go with them. We've made it to the other side of the pit. Everyone can.

If your time has come to take action, reach out. No one will think less of you. If anything you and others can be proud of the bravery it took to seek help.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: