VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Catalina Warning!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanC
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Another Catalina Warning! Reply with quote

Apologies to the mods if this should have been included in George's topic post but I thought it important enough to warrant its own thread.

Having decided to upgrade my iPhone to the latest model, I was almost caught with triggering a Catalina update during the setup process.

If you decide to set up your new phone from a backup of your old phone via a lightning cable and iTunes on your Mac, you will be prompted to update the software before it can connect to your new phone. Old habits of automatically clicking through an installation process almost caught me out and I came perilously close to triggering the update.

There are other options available during the setup process, including to set up using an iCloud backup, however, I chose to set up using a straight forward transfer from my old phone. It takes a while depending on how much data you have stored on your old phone but a much safer option.

Best,

Alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: