VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We need to oversupply an oversupplied market?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: We need to oversupply an oversupplied market? Reply with quote

There is a need to refresh the supply of voiceover people because there are those who retire, move on or go to live with the tiny baby Jesus. The supply is naturally refreshed so there will NEVER be a need for "A free introduction to VO work" webinar. If anyone feels like taking the plunge, let them pay for the guidance or if they want to save money allow them to blunder around and see if things work out. Either way the casualty rate in our business is worse than the Normandy beach landings in World War II.

From today all my free professional career advice will be subject to a nominal £250 admin charge. I am neither a coach nor an expert so my guidance is free, the charge is purely for admin.
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: We need to oversupply an oversupplied market? Reply with quote

Philip Banks wrote:
The supply is naturally refreshed

^^^ THIS ^^^

I am all in favor of giving help and encouragement to anyone who has decided he or she would like to explore becoming a voiceoverist. But the idea of actively recruiting people, who were otherwise not considering it, to enter the profession (almost exclusively by those who have courses, webinars, books, demos, etc. to sell to unsuspecting newbies) is abhorrent to me.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice

Last edited by Lee Gordon on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great herd of Wildebeest marches across the African plains... slowly, the most frail of the group are picked off by predators as they fall behind. The predation is kept in check my the natural growth of the herd... and nature is in balance.

What you don't hear are Wildebeest calling out to meerkats and springboks... "Hey, come and be a Wildebeest - it's great fun... the more the merrier!"

It's the predators feeding off the herd that want everyone else to join in.
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm hearing David Attenborough narrating the above.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: