VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS: MXL V88s, great beginner or travel mic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Test
DC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: FS: MXL V88s, great beginner or travel mic Reply with quote

$75 for the mic, plus $15 for shipping to the US, please use PayPal "Goods & Services" only.

This is a barely-used MXL V88s. I purchased it intending to use it mostly for travel. One of my go-to mics at my home studio is a Gefell M930, which sounds much like a TLM-103, and when the V88 first came out, some also compared it to the 103. (MXL later came out with the "s" version I have here, an upgrade from the original with less self-noise).

I figured that a $199 MXL V88 would be a lot safer to take on the road than a $1,300 Gefell, hence the purchase. But I really don't travel often, and when I do I bring my Senn 416 with me since it is very rugged. Thus my V88s has been sitting unused.

Here is what MXL has to say about the V88:

"The MXL V88 studio condenser microphone captures the rich, beautiful harmonics produced by the human voice and fine musical instruments with a quality that is usually found only in classic tube microphones. The MXL V88 gives vocalists added warmth, and gives radio DJ's and Podcasters a fuller, deeper sound. This makes the V88 perfect for studio and broadcast recording alike.

Requires 48V phantom power.

MXL MXL V88 Large Diaphragm Condenser Mic Specifications:

* Type: Condenser pressure gradient mic with large 32mm capsule
* Diaphragm: Gold-sputtered, 6 micron diaphragm
* Frequency Range: 20Hz-20kHz"
www.tomtest.com
Tom Test
DC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been SOLD. Via Facebook, in case you are wondering.
www.tomtest.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: