VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking For A Talent Release?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:45 am    Post subject: Looking For A Talent Release? Reply with quote

I’ve got a client that wants me to sign a talent release. I asked around and George Washington III linked me to one that Squarespace offers.

Here it is linked, and then here's the much shorter version that I created from the "template". My project is just for a series of CD recordings of insurance manuals for the vision challenged.

Talent Release PDF

Mine loses a bit of the formatting going to the website here:

Quote:
Talent Release Form
I, the undersigned, enter into this Agreement with
____________________________________________, herein referred to as Producer.
I understand that Producer is producing an audio program and that my voice will be recorded and made a part of
that production ___________________________ ("Product").
1. I grant Producer and its designees the right to use my performance as embodied in the Product as transferred to CDs or other digital media, now known or later developed.This grant includes without limitation the right to duplicate and to use the Product In whole or part for private distribution to clients and prospective clients during the years 2019 and 2020. Producer or its designee shall have complete ownership of the Product in which I appear, including copyright interests, and I acknowledge that I have no interest or ownership in the Product or its copyright.
2. In consideration of all the above, I hereby acknowledge receipt of reasonable and fair consideration from the Producer.
I have read the foregoing and understand its terms and stipulations and agree to all of them:
___________________________________________________________Talent Name (Please Print)
_____________________________________ ______________ Signature Date
___________________________________________________________Producer Name (Please Print)
_____________________________________ ______________ Signature Date

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .

Last edited by Bruce on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked back at several I have filed, all of which were supplied by the clients and contained project- and client-specific details (otherwise I would have copied one and sent it to you). I would just write up something like:

In exchange for consideration of (whatever they've agreed to pay you), I (your name here) hereby grant Client (their name here) the rights to use (whatever it is you recorded for them) for (whatever media you've agreed upon for whatever period of time you've agreed upon). (What they owe you for use beyond the originally agreed upon date or media goes here.) Sign and date and Bob's your uncle.

I'll bet there's something better than this in Rob Sciglimpaglia's book.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I actually had an Uncle Bob. Technically a great uncle. He was a riot!

Thanks for the info.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: