VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lunch with Dave....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donrandall

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Lunch with Dave.... Reply with quote

I was priveleged to lunch with Dave Courvoisier this afternoon at one of the eateries at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas - and ladies - if you think he looks good in his pictures.....he is even more handsome in person.

I can tell ya that Dave is also one of the nicest, most genuine, down to earth, good guys you could ever meet. Think of a whole big bunch of nice things, things you admire about someone, and apply those good thoughts to Dave. I have been enjoying my visit to Vegas, but hangin' out with Dave for an hour or so really was really the highlight of my trip.

Oh yeah - Dave, thanks for picking up the tab!
And Deirdre - thank you for making this wonderfull message board the community of friends that it truly is. Dave and I agreed that you are one very special lady!
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are entirely welcome— and thank you right back.

I hope one-a yez has pictures of this time you had.
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother suggested a few months ago that we think about taking our two families out to Las Vegas for a vacation together. My wife thinks it wouldn't be a good place for a family vacation; but I figure a lot of that is because of the ad campaigns running on TV now. So, I'm hoping we can make a trip out that way one of these days...

And hopefully have a visit with Dave while we're there!
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
glittlefield
M&M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Lunch with Dave.... Reply with quote

donrandall wrote:
I can tell ya that Dave is also one of the nicest, most genuine, down to earth, good guys you could ever meet. Think of a whole big bunch of nice things, things you admire about someone, and apply those good thoughts to Dave. I have been enjoying my visit to Vegas, but hangin' out with Dave for an hour or so really was really the highlight of my trip.

Sure makes me wish I had found this site a year sooner than I did so Andrea and I could have stopped by to say "howdy" when we were in LV last July!
VO-BB Member #59
donrandall

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deirdre - Dave has this way cool cell phone, can opener, hang glider, mp3 player, slicer/dicer, fishing rod and camera that he brought along with him and he did get someone to snap a pic of the two of us. He said he would get it posted here in a little while. Dave is the good lookin' guy - I'm the other one.
donrandall

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob - I have never been all that interested in visiting Las Vegas, and I have resisted coming here for years. This visit is now my third, and I find that I really enjoy it.

I think I understand your wife's concerns regarding the debauchery and morality (or the reputed lack of morality) - and while there may be some things that some may find offensive, there are also other things that one may find to be quite acceptable and worthwhile. Whether or not Vegas would be an acceptable vacation stop for you and your family is something that only you can decide. In my opinion, there is so much more to Vegas than gambling and sensuality. I suspect the current "What happens in Vegas..." ad campaign is intended to counter the image they created over the years during which they were selling the "wholesome, family friendly" thing they were pushing in an attempt to overcome the reputation as "Sin City". I think the powers that be concluded that too many people were getting the impression that Vegas was becoming too tame, so they wanted to counter that.

You could take the family to Grand Canyon, then on to the Redwood forest in California and swing into Nevada to see Hoover Dam - each of them well worth the time and effort - and since Hoover Dam is so near Vegas, you could easily scoot into town long enough to say "Hi" to Dave. I bet he would enjoy it and so would you!
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

Thank you for the suggestions. That's very helpful.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: