VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watch Out Mickey!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Watch Out Mickey!!! Reply with quote

My wife and I are going to Disney World/Orlando for 5 days for some RR. I have to say I finally broke down and decided we should go at least once in my life (she has been there before as a kid). I always want to go somewhere else for vacation....somewhere with the biggest mountains or ocean views I can find.

Anyway, anyone have any suggestions of must do or see attrations for a VO/Video person while in Disney, Epcot etc? We will check out the Kennedy Space Center one day also. Wish we would have timed the trip a week later since a shuttle is supposed to be lauched then. (I think).

Thanks everyone for any suggestions!

"To be really good at voiceover, you need to improve your footwork and hip snap."
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best advice: pick the two or three rides you want to go on most, get there the minute they open and head for those first. It's the shortest those lines will be for the day. However, you're also going at the best time of year when the most kids are in school, so hopefull waits will be at a minimum.

I went 10 years ago and I remember being really impressed with the "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" (still there?) program and most of the big action rides. Being a movie nut, I really enjoyed the MGM part, and at the other end of the day, the fireworks spectacular in the Magic Kingdom is as spectacular as claimed.

Not having had much time to go boating in recent years, my favorite thing was renting a power boat and touring around the lake there. Enjoy!

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
TheVoiceOfBob
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Disneyworld you can "reserve" a time now on those most popular rides. Do as Bruce suggested and go to those rides early, but go to the "reserve time" machines that are at the entrance and get your slips. Then you can just go back at the appointed time and not worry about standing in long lines. You can map out your day that way.

The Voice of Bob
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I went three years ago and we had a blast. I had been once while in high school on a band trip. In the Magic Kingdom, I liked Main Street USA best...I could sit around there all day, it was just nice cool Overall, I enjoyed the Magic Kingdom very much. Don't forget to ride the monorail when you go to Epcot from the Magic Kingdom.

MGM was my favorite part of Disney. I think we did ALL the rides there and had a blast. You MUST ride the Tower of Terror Wink You'll love it! They were in the process of building "The Mummy" movie attraction at the time, along with some other renovations.

We also went to Universal Studios while there. THAT was our all time favorite!

Hopefully, we'll be going back soon. I still have a couple days left on my Disney Park Hopper tickets to use up. Good thing they never expire Wink
Chuck Davis
M&M

Location: Where I love to be...Between the Vineyards and the Cows.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news is you're going at a great time of year.

I've taken the "fam" once so far...early fall. Low traffic, shorter lines.

Good time...not cheap. Did Ireland plus family in Wales for a week and a half last year for less.
johnbailey
Contributor II

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went there in February. "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" is still there and still great. I absolutely loved the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster!

The entry to the ride is done up as a mock recording studio. They even had a poster from a radio station where I worked back in the dark ages:

BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys! I will keep all your tips in mind on our trip.

Cool pics John!

Have a great weekend!

"To be really good at voiceover, you need to improve your footwork and hip snap."
Audiogal
King's Row

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I was there, I wanted to take the "behind the scenes" tour of the parks, but they were all booked. I believe you get to tour the underground world & hear more about the actual production of the attractions there.

I can also recommend tourguidemike.com as a site worth using to plan your trip. We were in the parks at Christmas 2003 & managed to plan which park to see on what day to minimize lines during the madness of that week. Lots of good insider tips there, as the guy once worked for Disneyworld.

Have fun!
Jowillie
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the years, we sent crews to do live radio shows at the various parks.
DisneyWorld had an absolute state-of-the-art audio stuido. They would add or adjust equipment to match your needs.

If you really are looking for the busman's holiday, call the media relations office and ask about the studios. Otherwise, ride the rides and have some fun.
WE
Bill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was just there in August,(1st time was 3 years ago) Honey I Shrunk the Audience is still alive and kickin, the muppet show is quite good too (both in MGM) while there make sure you see Fantasmic, and get the meal plan, it saves you $$(and aggravation) and you can get a deal with reeserved seating for Fantasmic.

Star Tours is a pretty good ride, adn MGM also has a new attraction, Motorsports, something like that, its near the MGM studio tour, and its a 'staged" car stunt video shoot. quite good.

Epcot has the most grown up stuff, but stays open later and there are restaurants from around the world so definitely make that for dinner.

if you like coasters, the one in Dinoland is wicked... the kids got me on it as it didn't look too bad, I'm not a big coaster guy but the wife is even less. But not only did it have some wicked dips, but the cars spin, so you feel like you are being thrown over the edge, and being a long legged guy it was a bit uncomfortable, espeically over a series of really quick and short dips.

we had breakfast in the Animal Kingdom and saw Charles Robinson (better known as Mac the court clerk from Night Court) with his family.
Pam
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw on the Travel Channel that Orlando has one of the 10 most interesting McDonalds in the world. It's not far from the park and might be worth a side trip if you get overloaded with the Disney experience. I went with the family last year and got to do a triathlon on the grounds which was great. Swam in the lagoon, biked through the back areas and ended up with a run in the park before it was open. One of the coolest moments of my life was running through Cinderella's castle towards the finish line, a moment cut short by the charley horse that almost crippled me. Needless to say, my image of running over the finish line with arms raised in the air was replaced with a hobble across the line heading straight to the medical tent. We had a great time though! While the cynic in me was was looking at the parks calculating the dollar signs, you have to hand it to them, they do an amazing job offering a complete experience. Make sure you head over to Adventure Island (think that's the name) for some adult fun. Great live music there and they mix a mean vodka tonic. Just don't do it the night before a triathlon. Could explain the Charley horse. Hmmmm....I wonder. Have fun!

Now what did I come in here for?
Audiogal
King's Row

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Pam is thinking of Pleasure Island? Although I'm sure there are many adventures to be had there. Wink
BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again to everyone for the info on Disney. My wife and I had a great time!

As a side note, Expedition Everest in the Animal Kingdom park was awesome. One of the best, if not the best, ride in the all the parks. If you go anytime soon, it's a must.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: