VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video ROI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Video ROI Reply with quote

In terms of "Return on Investment" the videos I make are a complete and utter waste of time! The good news is that I'm not selling anything, just as well as I am demonstrably unsuccessful at even managing to GIVE things away.

Like my written posts on here the videos are for me. They're a brain dump. They make me think, review, laugh, cry and keep me putting one foot in front of another on days when I am either full of the joys of spring or would like to curl up in a corner and hope no one notices.

Focus. When things get a little blurred and I am tempted to wander away from the proper business path I come back to the subject of this video. It has made me plenty of money and more importantly saved me a staggering amount more.

When I worked in investment management two teams got together for a day in a hotel. The aim was to motivate, inspire and build the company spirit.

"Philip certainly got the most out of the day" my line manager reported to her Boss.

She was right. I resigned. Best days work I ever did.

https://vimeo.com/346513476
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip,

You make a very good point. I took a moment to look at the ROI on two of my marketing investments from the last 7+ years:

Client one, initial contact made in May of 2012. Total income since then adds up to $132,822.08 for an initial investment of (in round numbers) $5,000.00.

Client two, initial contact made in June of 2013. Total income since then adds up to $143,667.64 for a similar initial investment of (in round numbers) $5000.00.

Obviously, not all returns represent that large of a ratio; and I most certainly have wasted a tidy sum on events and experiences that have proved useless in direct financial terms. But, in the last decade, I have become much more careful about how and where I spend for training and marketing, in no small part because of your friendship and influence.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Client 1 and 2 both add weight to the argument that the buckshot marketing approach in our world simply does not work. Targeted marketing does, but it is also not for the fearful or lazy.

Fearful - Is more about refusing to follow the nonsense of the majority than it is about sticking to rates and making cold calls.

Lazy - Simply throwing money at a problem will result in having less money and that includes SEO efforts. Getting up earlier, doing something fruitful then going to bed later will pay dividends. But remember that your business pays for your life, you never pay for your business with your life. Never, ever! Especially this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: