VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT Please leave feedback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: OT Please leave feedback Reply with quote

I wrote

"Outside of London, especially where I live, your choice of "delivery partner" would have to improve 2500% (estimate) simply to fall into the category "appalling". Fortnum and Mason is a premium service and product supplier and the choice of delivery service should reflect this, it doesn't. Now, I want you to go to your room and think about what you've done and come out ONLY when you are ready to apologise"
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally giving this feedback a "thumbs-up".
Moe Egan
4 Large

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope you actually sent this feedback
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK seems to excel in the world of sub-par contracted services. My impression is that anyone with a white van can set themselves up as a delivery service and respond to a proposal (aka make up shite) and win the contract based on unfulfillable promises and a low bid (and maybe who your brother-in-law is). An added bonus is that if they have a mop (bucket optional), they can supply cleaning and janitorial services to an entire health district... and if they also have one of B&Q's junior tool kits, they'll also get the maintenance contract.

Outsourcing is a dangerous business... especially when it involves your supply chain or direct customer contact. I guess the tone has been set by government outsourcing, where it's not so much the quality of the bid, but the kick-back (sorry, discounts) that determines suitability.

There does seem to be a massive disconnect between quality of service and appropriate remuneration for such services. It's the, "I can do it cheaper!" school of business. Only when people call it out or refuse to deal with the company that has cheapened itself will it change.

Maybe you could ask them if they'd consider using a voiceover from Fiverr for their TV advertising?
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarillionVoiceOverServices.com !

Yes, my feedback, as written, was sent to Fortnum and Mason
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deirdre wrote:
"thumbs-up".

And I'm giving this response four stars.

Unfortunately, everyone seems to want feedback for everything these days. "How would you rate your experience?"
"It was an oil change. You changed my oil. You didn't destroy my car. Do you want a medal?"

And most of the time, the possible the method for providing feedback is proscribed.
How Would You Rate Your Experience?
A. W00t Awesome
B. Awesome
C. Fabby
D. Lovely
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been having a very good experience here with the hiring of private contractors by the big delivery companies such as FedEx and UPS, and I'm guessing Amazon is even hiring independent delivery drivers. Little white vans and even personal looking cars are delivering packages on time or even early, and most give you an email notice the minute they've left it at your doorstep.

No deliveries by drone yet, however.

Now if GrubHub or Amazon could deliver restaurant food hot or even warm that would be a trick. No such luck. Given up on that.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Mike Harrison
M&M

Location: Equidistant from New York City and Philadelphia, along the NJ Shore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Product or Service Provider:

If you've done everything right, I'll continue to do business with you.

If you've done anything wrong, you'll hear about it. Guaranteed.

todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a very good (believe it or not) customer service with verizon wireless yesterday (online chat) - when my business was concluded - a survey popped up. "yes", i thought, "this young lady was great - she solved my problem". i was then subjected to nearly 30 questions in their survey. totally changed my outlook.

Mike Harrison
M&M

Location: Equidistant from New York City and Philadelphia, along the NJ Shore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem I have with most of these "satisfaction" surveys is that the company in question is interested ONLY in the performance of the service/support rep. They are not at all interested in our thoughts about the problem that caused us to have to request service or support in the first place.

If your cable TV or internet service continually drops out, or if there's a recurring issue with your monthly bill, the rep can't fix that. All the rep can do is cheerfully tell you they'll report it. Because they're not able to fix the initial reason for our call, the survey is entirely meaningless. They are simply after brownie points. Pats on the back.

melissa eX
MMD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I outsource my feedback writing to you, Philip?
Or would that be considered cheating?
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should outsource to me because it is no more cheating than the act of soliciting feedback in the first place.

Steamroller feedback is the way ahead. Ignore everything and say what YOU need to say.

My thing. Buy advent calendar, cost £125 and have it delivered to me by 1st December so a little girl could have some fun with her Mum.

Next day delivery from London to me possible, easy. Give to Postman Pat and it would've been with me by 10.30am . Could the company do it? Yes. Would I pay extra as it was inconvenient? I WAS going to pay £125 for an advent calendar, why on earth would they even think that money was an issue. Charge me what ever it costs to get a member of staff to go to the nearest Post Office with a wrapped package and send it to me "Guaranteed next day delivery".

The response from everyone ... "er ...um ....burble"

EMAIL - Please leave feedback.

I did.

" Nothing you can do about this but I feel some feedback is appropriate. I've ordered as a gift a premium product from a premium store. Your choice of delivery service does not fit the bill at all. DPD are at best appalling, on most days such a standard is for them aspirational. Whilst they may provide a good service by outsourcing to other delivery companies that outsource to people who outsource for deliveries in Kensington or Chernobyl, here in the AB56 postcode things tend not to work so well. My delivery will go to Inverness before it gets to me, a 45 mile overshoot. It may then limp to Elgin, 15 miles from me, from there , no idea. Should Callum, 6 years old, be allowed out on his Tomy Tractor and Trailer (fine if it's not dark, raining, windy or there is a bit of Thomas the Tank binge watching to be done) then I may see the hamper by mid December. Not wildly optimistic. As we are talking about a hamper I felt some food for thought appropriate.* Best regards Philip Banks *see what I did there?
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

melissa eX wrote:
Can I outsource my feedback writing to you, Philip?

And deprive vendors of a no-punches-pulled critique from you? Philip is good, but c'mon, you don't exactly shrink from giving someone who deserves it a piece of your mind. cool
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: