VO-BB - A Voiceover Family Forum Index VO-BB - A Voiceover Family
Welcome Home Voiceoverists of Every Shape and Stripe!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A weekend Magazine Q and A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - A Voiceover Family Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject: A weekend Magazine Q and A Reply with quote

On Friday I did an interview with a journalist for a piece in a magazine. At some point this week a photograhist will turn up to photographize me, hopefully Bess will get in on the act too!

Today an email from Pip asked if I would do the Q&A feature, usually celebs do it. Here tiz, complete with my answers. Should anyone have time, please copy and paste then insert your own responses.

First record bought - Focus 3 by a Dutch group called Focus

Book that changed your life - The Bible. Having read it I concluded that both I and mainstream religion needed a Plan B

Most expensive purchase - Don't really buy stuff for me so apart from houses and cars I did buy a 30 year old Rolex Datejust watch for a friend. It was her 30th birthday

First job - As a schoolboy delivering newspapers. Pre-college/university Working in a music shop.

Favourite time of day - 6am to 8.30am or during any Collie walk.

Last time you cried - 3 months ago upon hearing news of the death of one of my dearest friends

Worst fashion faux pas - Being unaware of anything fashionable

Favourite holiday destination - Jaipur, India. Epitomises life in 4k!

Idea of holiday hell - Anything involving camping, caravans or meeting people who insist on carrying photos of everything their grandchildren have ever done along with the full 3 hour anecdote to accompany each images.

Biggest phobia - Nigel Farage fans

What are you watching on TV? - Tend not to watch TV

Favourite movie - Bicentennial Man. Robin Williams at his best!

How do you relax? Walk Bess my 12 year old Border Collie

Best advice you’ve been given? Be you if no other reason than it's easier.

Who you last spoke to on the phone - I think it was Elisa. Dear friend and fellow voice over person.

First thing you did this morning- Dangerous territory! First significant thing was to walk Bess the Border Collie

Worst mistake - ALWAYS ignoring my instincts.

Your inspiration - Unable to think of a single person. Generally, anyone who listens more, talks less, maintains eye contact and can get through an entire sentence without mentioning something that just happened on a social media site.

Would most like to meet... Sorry, I got nothing.

Childhood crush - Lindsay Wagner the actor who played The Bionic Woman. Yes, I am THAT old!

Weirdest fan gift - Not the sort of job that attracts fans or gifts.

Quirky habits - Whilst drinking morning coffee, quickly scanning a selection of horoscopes for the day (Pisces) and picking the one I like the best

Worst meal - Christmas dinner at the home of a friend. Well intentioned but culinary skills up there with the 4 year old who makes Mum breakfast in bed for her birthday only not as well developed.

What makes you laugh - Observational humour and long winded stories.

Most embarrassing moment - Introducing on live TV a documentary about the increasing number of Black Rats I said "Now a look at a dangerous plague of vermin coming in our direction from Eastern Europe". Last minute change to programme, I was not told, so we went into a documentary about Romanian Gypsies. There were memos!

Sean Connery or Daniel Craig - Sean Connery

Beauty is... - a way of measuring how shallow you are or I am. It's me, isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - A Voiceover Family Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: