VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apollo Twin Mk II
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Drew:-) Yes I do use the Control Panel to mute the speakers...or push the button....or just power them off. I just meant it is a pain to have to constantly remember to do it at all. Especially when you start, stop, edit, listen, start, stop edit, listen etc. in matter of seconds. Dayo's foot switch idea is something I might try even though it only takes a few more seconds to mute in the Control Panel. My Apogee Duet had me spoiled on my old Mac because as soon as I would hit record in Adobe Audition CS6 it would mute automatically. I think maybe because Adobe Audition is a software supported by Apogee, whereas, it is not technically supported by UA, even though everything works fine in my studio. My Apollo unit sits near my desk in my office where the new Mac with Adobe CC is, but I have a mirrored monitor and second keyboard and mouse in the Whisper Room incase I need to edit in there too. Anyway, just a little inconvenience to put up with but the quality of this Apollo/Manley setup is worth it.
Quicksilver
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. we must have things configured differently or I'm confused. I don't have to jockey anything, my mute switch stops my mic from routing to my speakers but still allows playback from the computer/DAW through my speakers. No switching needed.

Happy to share settings, if that's what you are hoping to setup. If not, my mistake Smile
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. OK. It is very possible that I have confused you and myself. Or, you know something I don't which is very possible, too.
Yes, please share your setup. Here is mine:

*416 mic to Input 1 of the Apollo
*Firewire out of Apollo to Mac..then to Adobe Audition CC.
*Speaker outputs out of Apollo to my two Yahama speakers.

That's it. Pretty basic. The only way to not have my mic go directly to the speakers (basically feedback) when talking or recording is:

1) Press the Mute button on the Apollo
2) Turn the Speaker volume down all the way
3) Press the Mute button on the Console
4) Power the speakers off.

I still can hear myself in the headphones out of the Apollo but that is ok because sometimes I wear them when recording and sometimes I don't. If you have a better way I am all for it. It's very possible I am missing something here in my setup of all this Smile
Quicksilver
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the Arrow but I would think anything the Arrow can do the Apollo can do and more.

By mute, I'm referring to muting the individual MIC channel in Console (just above the mic fader, next to Solo button). It won't stop it from recording, only from routing your mic feed to the speakers.

This will stop you from monitoring in your headphones, which may be where our confusion is. I don't generally like to monitor myself in headphones but if I am wearing them, I don't need my speakers to be active.

Hope this helps!
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Drew. I always appreciate the help. Yes that way is another work around but I do need the headphone feed sometimes, especially if I am on a session with a client on the other end of the line that I am listening to in my headphones/earbuds. I explained this situation to tech support at Universal Audio a few months back and they said it cannot be done without doing the work arounds that we talked about in the above posts. That's when they also told me Adobe Audition was not a supported program by UA. That's when I told them, it should be. ha. And that they could do thousands of Adobe Audition users a huge favor by working an agreement with Adobe which would ultimately mean a possible increase in sales/profits for them. The tech support guy didn't seem to care one way or the other. So, yea. Their choice:-/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: