VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Izotope RX 6 (Soon to be RX 7!) -- question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Izotope RX 6 (Soon to be RX 7!) -- question Reply with quote

Hey Gang-- I have Rx 4. Is RX 6 light-years ahead of that version?
(I am using RX4 rather lamely-- mostly as PT plug-ins, but it does help.)

Do you just need RX 6 Elements for the general housekeeping we tend to do? Or do you prefer the "Standard" version?

Just wondering because they're going to be doing an update to 7 soon, and if you buy/upgrade to certain RX 6 products, you'll get a free upgrade to 7.
jim edgar
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the plunge to the RX Standard version just after 5 came out. When the 6 tools became available, I found that the Mouth De-click (as opposed to 5's "De-click") was approximately 12.7592 light years away. I was a happy financial upgrader if they had stopped with that.

The other stuff was noticeably refined. Well worth the upgrade at that point.

Elements is only 4 tools, three of which are from 5. The Voice De-Noise is the same as 6, but the Declick is the 5 version. The other two - DeClip & DeHum I really don't use much.

You also do not get the spectral tools, batch processing, stacks that are all found in the Standard version.

You can upgrade from versions 1-5 to 6, not sure if that then bumps you to 7. I'd confirm with Izotope.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/repair-and-edit/rx/pricing.html

Also, if you really, really, really honed in a few presets with the older tools, you can install non-destructively, so you can maintain 4 on your system.
Kim Fuller
DC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We took the deal - RX 6 Standard. We haven't had time to play with it much, but there's a de-esser and with 6 and you can save directly to .mp3, in addition to the mouth de-click improvements. Worth it? Hope so. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it when I get a day free.
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the RX-6 Elements package during one of the frequent times it was offered for $29. I mostly use the De-Noise plug-in and think it's worth it, just for that.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
JasonSound

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RX6 is a vast improvement over RX4 for voice, and I imagine that RX7 will be another leap forward. As a user since RX2, I've seen the software add more and more features aimed at the voiceover market with each version.

I cannot speak from personal experience to the value of Standard vs. Elements since my license is for RX Advanced. According to the feature comparison chart, it appears that Elements does not include Mouth De-Click, De-Esser, De-Plosive or Breath Control. You'd be missing out on these useful tools unless you went with the standard version. Features could change when RX7 is introduced.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/repair-and-edit/rx/features.html
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got RX 6 Elements when it was $29 bucks as well. They run a lot sales. The De-Clicker is pretty amazing. Has saved me a ton of time and headache while editing. Couldn't do without it. I use the De-noise every now and then but De-Click alone is worth it.
Lance Blair
M&M

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RX 6 Element user here. Just use the plugins for De Click and De Noise with REAPER. I use De Click a handful of times a day and Generally run De Noise at a low Gentle Adaptive setting on everything unless I'm sending session audio to the client from a ipdtl/session link pro session.

My typical effects chain is De Noise > Scheps Omni Channel from Waves which is a super fast Preamp Simulator/EQ/Gate (I don't use that)/ De-esser/Comp/Limiter strip for about $69. Set & Forget it for auditions.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/scheps-omni-channel
dwpthe3rd
Contributore Level V

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee Gordon wrote:
I got the RX-6 Elements package during one of the frequent times it was offered for $29. I mostly use the De-Noise plug-in and think it's worth it, just for that.

It's currently (today only, Jan 24, 2019) being offered for $9.99. Here's the link:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/dealZone.jsp

dwpthe3rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: