VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Demo content question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don G.
King's Row

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Demo content question Reply with quote

Anyone see a problem with using spots that were done as pitches to prospective clients, when creating a VO demo? Can't be any worse than using fake spots, as is often done.

The spots were produced by an ad agency at a studio and sound great. It might be a little awkward in that the demo will be sent out to the agency involved, among others, but I really don't see that as being an issue. I can't imagine I'd need to get "permission" first, but I figured I'd ask the folks here, based on your experiences.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Demo content question Reply with quote

Don G. wrote:
Anyone see a problem with using spots that were done as pitches to prospective clients, when creating a VO demo? Can't be any worse than using fake spots, as is often done.

All's fair in love and demos. If you produced it/had it produced go nuts and show off with it.
danlenard

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Demo content Reply with quote

Dierdre is right, U dood it, it be yours.

the only rule of demo's is getting it in front of as many people as possible!
voicejones
Contributor III

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: be safe Reply with quote

I recently ran into a situation similar to that and the agency had a confidentiality agreement with the client and asked that I not use the spot for demo purposes as it may give away trade secrets...blah blah blah.

They did alow me to use it after it had been launched and the whole world knew about it. I'd go ahead and check with the agency, besides it gives you an excuse to contact them so they don't forget you.

JJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: