VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ipDTL and hardware compatibility?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick
Contributor II

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: ipDTL and hardware compatibility? Reply with quote

I accidentally ran across a thread the other day which mentioned that not all audio interfaces are compatible with ipDTL.
One post had a link to a PDF which displayed around thirty different models of audio interfaces and listed their degree of compatibility with ipDTL.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1umsqnZwqVYzIb18ublpZxVGhfU3D0Uokl1kJzHasUiM/edit?usp=sharing

What is it that makes an audio interface compatible with ipDTL... Is it the drivers, or the software mixer of the interface, or what?
If someone wanted to buy an audio interface that is not listed, what would they look for determine if it was compatible?

Would an external mixer solve this?

Thanks
Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess--and that's all it really is--is that these problems are actually driver issues or Chrome issues, almost always with Windows machines. Not sure how an interface itself would cause a "compatibility" issue, but then I suppose anything's possible.

I use ipDTL quite a lot for "phone patch" and for ISDN sessions. I have a Mac, and I don't have issues; but I've heard that people using Chrome (as opposed to the ipDTL-issued chromium browser) with Windows do have issues sometimes.
nick
Contributor II

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Daniel wrote:
]I've heard that people using Chrome (as opposed to the ipDTL-issued chromium browser) with Windows do have issues sometimes.

Jack, thanks for your response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: