VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday. Sunday! SUNDAY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane Maggipinto
Spreading Snark Worldwide

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Sunday. Sunday! SUNDAY! Reply with quote

And now for something really different!
It's a demo specific to automobile advertising. What do you think? Go ahead--kick the tires. And thanks.

DianeMaggipintoCarDemo
sitting at #8, though not as present as I'd like to be. Hello!

www.d3voiceworks.com
BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very snazzy for sure Diane. I would hire you if I did more car commercials. Top notch voice quality.

"To be really good at voiceover, you need to improve your footwork and hip snap."
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane,

Ben is right. You have a very nice voice. Personally I think a couple of spots from just after the mid-point show off that voice better. Were it me, I'd drop the "weather sponsor spots" because I don't think they add anything valuable.

If you want to start with something up-tempo, begin with the stop at :44, the Nissan Titan. Follow with the next spot, which shows off your ability to deliver something much more personal. I do like they way you end. Nice disclaimer!

The other thing I think you need to work on, especially in your more "up" spots is the "radio announcer" voice. If you include too many spots with that sound, you risk leaving a somewhat "small market" impression. Based on other stuff here, I think you're better than that.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
donrandall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane - You get the message across clearly and cleanly, you are easy to understand, your style is engaging, if I am the listener you hold my attention and I "get" the message. If I am the client, I am very pleased to have you voice my spot.

In terms of the demo construction - apart from your performance - I think perhaps the mix is a little off. Bob's comments make sense, maybe drop a couple of things and channge the order of some others. If you can contrast a sample of the heavy hitter, in your face car spot with friendly, coaxing soft sell you could enhance your demo a bit and show that you have the range. Doing so may broaden your appeal and pick up some work from both ends of the spectrum - Beat 'em Up Auto Sales as well as Fred's Friendly Motors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: