VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality Cables...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VO-Guy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Quality Cables... Reply with quote

Just thought I'd pass along that if your looking for some great quality cables without spending a fortune check out www.gothamaudiousa.com. Just upgraded all my cables to their GAC3 cable and man did it make a difference. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Russ
Jowillie
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Russ, you are reading my mind. I have been studying this very subject and had it down to Gotham, Belden and Mogami.

Where are you buying them? Can you get them pre-wired with connecters?

Thanks,
Willie E.
VO-Guy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you can get them pre-wired no problem. Just email Lewis off the www.gothamaudiousa.com site and he'll take care of ya. Ordered them on Monday and had them by Wednesday. Great service. I know there at the AES show in San Francisco from the 4th to the 9th so if you want'em quick you'll have to order by tomorrow at 6pm otherwise it'll be Oct 10th before they can get any orders taken care of.

Russ
Edo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my two eurocents... I strictly go with Tasker (Italian based company) because they are totally 'HF proof'. No magnetic interference or static whatsoever penetrates the shielding. It's very professional and affordable and has proven to be something I can rely on for years in a row. Every major studio in my region has this stuff in their facility somewhere.

More info: http://www.taskercables.com (to view all you have to register once)

Regards from The Netherlands!

Edo
Gp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been noticing these cloth covered cables as of late and really like the look.,...and you know how important the looks part is. Rolls Eyes Does anyone know where to get some good high quality cloth covered cables?
Gp
(rhyhmes with each other)
Jowillie
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some cloth covered cables on a pair of Clevite headphones used by the Army Air Corps before WWII.
Sounds interesting. Where did you see them?
We could knit our own and call them "cable booties."
Gp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well all I have found so far is http://www.elderly.com/accessories/names/c.b.i.-%22prism%22-20-foot-cloth-covered-cable--PRISM.htm
Blue also makes some blue ones. there are other colors available however and even some on ebay. I'm just not sure about quality on these. Horizon makes some too.
Cable Booties for Voice Talkers?
marko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had excellent luck with Mogami and that's all I use now.
donrandall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've been noticing these cloth covered cables as of late and really like the look...

Oh wow - ya just brought back a flood of memories.

I know the phones yer talkin' about - and that is exactly what they had plugged into the board at the first radio station I worked at a couple of years ago....well, okay, it was a couple of decades ago....uh.....well, okay it was way back in a time before time began......It sure was tough trying to hit the network when all we had was a sundial.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: