VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No one will pay me for this so FOC ....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: No one will pay me for this so FOC .... Reply with quote

I come from an investment management/legal background so I am not really interested in how much money I make and treat my bank like a bank. What do I monitor? My exposure and my risk. If things go wrong, badly wrong will I be able to leave my bank with a huge problem and me less so? Yes. Every few months do I look at my billing and check, after deducting the 3 best clients/jobs for that month, to ensure that me and Bess can pay the bills, eat and run the business? Yes.
Most of my Voiceover colleagues have an idea of cost but no real perception of value. Coaching. Affirmation from a Coach comes at a cost but brings no real value to most VO people but they insist on paying for applause. Nancy Wolfson is a Witch, will eat your babies and publicly humiliate you for around $8,000 per hour (estimate). Why would anyone pay her? Because she will treat you like a business person and help you build a machine that prints money and that is all you need to do. Want a friend? A Rattlesnake with a hangover is a better option. (I am SO dead)😁
Find value. Everything else is BS.
If you choose to do something of no measurable value and claim it's for your career/business please check yourself out in the bathroom mirror by saying out loud "I know this is BS and I'm ok with that".
kberkery
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: No one will pay me for this so FOC .... Reply with quote

Philip Banks wrote:
Nancy Wolfson is a Witch, will eat your babies and publicly humiliate you for around $8,000 per hour (estimate). Why would anyone pay her? Because she will treat you like a business person and help you build a machine that prints money and that is all you need to do. Want a friend? A Rattlesnake with a hangover is a better option.

www.thatvoice.me
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: No one will pay me for this so FOC .... Reply with quote

Philip Banks wrote:
Nancy Wolfson ... will ... help you build a machine that prints money ....

This!
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know she heard you type that Philip......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: