VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kid In Town

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: New Kid In Town Reply with quote

Hello All;

Usual story here...Back in the late 70's, I spent 10 years in the radio biz in Southern California when I should have been going to college. I remember the old school "going to auditions" although I was only marginally successful. Then marriage, kids and all the trappings came along, and as so often happens, doing what you love takes a back seat to doing what you have to.

Fast forward 30 years or so. Now I call the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex my home. A good friend who is a Marketing Director and knew of my background had me voice an industrial video for his company, and I thought "Wow, this really was fun!" I started looking into things and was amazed at how the business has changed. Since it's just me now, the kids are grown and all the other checkboxes have been filled, I thought this might be a good time to give this a shot.

I've got all the components for the home studio assembled and am getting started with some vocal coaching. I'm looking forward to sharing and learning from all of you seasoned professionals on this board. By the way...no delusions that I'll instantly making six-figures, or even two-figures. BTDT and I know better. Hope everyone will be patient with my questions.

I'll just try my best and hope for the best.
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud your healthy attitude about entering the business these days and about getting just a bit of coaching to align yourself with the current sound of the business. There are many lightyears between radio in the 70's and VO today. I know. I was there... and here.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: