VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tubes Popping on Avalon? Replacement options?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
haneen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Tubes Popping on Avalon? Replacement options? Reply with quote

Hello folks,

I've got a 2 year old Avalon 737...that just popped twice at me, rather loudly. It sounded like light bulbs cracking, so I assume it was the tubes. I called customer service, and was told: Not a fire hazard, can continue to record, replacement set is ST-4, easy to install.

So far, the unit appears to sound the same...just wondering who's had the experience of cracking tubes, and how long I can run on these four before they might be a problem.
I realize it's an hours thing, and I don't normally do audio books--so assume in the last two years, I've used this thing about as much as you folks who have a steady diet of narration and commercials.

And for fun, does anyone prefer other tube replacements on their Avalon, and why? (gearslutz is all over this topic, but I'm not sure I want to go testing random tubes...especially when most of those reviews are coming from male voices vs. female.)

Thanks!

Haneen

Studio Tel. 973-953-8328
Skype ID: haneenarafat
Email: haneen@haneenvo.com
www.haneenvo.com
www.twitter.com/haneenvo
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 737 that kept blowing tubes. Found out the hard way I was an idiot for keeping the unit powered up for weeks at a time.

Sold the 737 and bought a solid state simply because I'm lazy and didn't want to deal with tubes.

The lesson? Don't be a lazy idiot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: