VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Powering Up!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Riley
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Powering Up! Reply with quote

Has anyone ever done any research into powering on electronic components?

I have a Furman line conditioner that all my components are plugged into. Mixer, dbx, ISDN Codec, digital interface, self-amped speakers, etc. I notice when I turn on the Furman, it’s not at 120v instantaneously. It takes about two seconds for the readout to go from 80v or so up to 120v. So I turn on each component separately after it reaches 120v, as opposed to just using the Furman as a ‘Master’ to just turn everything on and off. I would like to USE it as a master, but because of the slow buildup to 120v, I don’t.

Any thoughts or research on this?

www.rickrileyvoice.com
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to be told I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure that UNDER voltage won't do any damage to equipment...it just won't run. I have a Furman power conditioner (with no digital readout) and I use it as a master switch. I've turned it on and off every day for the last 3 years and haven't had any hardware crap out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: