VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rate Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaug44
Contributor II

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Rate Question Reply with quote

So I get an interesting call yesterday from an overseas agency I'm listed with. I'm apparently 1 of 4 voices a very large energy drink is considering for their TV channel.

I'm doing a session with them (the potential client) tomorrow to meet them and audition. IF I would land the gig, it would be a daily recording with these terms:
Irrevocable, worldwide and non-exclusive rights to use the Licensed Material within the Program subject to all the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth:

(i.) Broadcasting Rights (Web TV, Mobile TV, IP TV);
Number of runs per show: 1 run including 5 re-runs
(ii.) Making available to the public (Free VoD, Ad VoD – limited to 7 days catch-up following each transmission of the Program);
(iii.) Promotion Rights: restricted to Program-related promotion;
(iv.) Adaptation and alteration rights: Licensee is entitled to make any alterations (such as deletions, cuts, intermissions, combinations or other modifications) in and to the Licensed Material; and
(v.) Right to dub, synchronize or subtitle the Licensed Material.

They're wanting me to provide a quote for one session and usage for the airing of 1 show with usage outlined above to get an idea of what the cost would be for a year.

I honestly have no idea what a fair rate would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

email: jeff@jeffaugustinevo.com
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They already have an idea of how much and this case they have to tell you as you can't begin to guess.

If each session was charged at $300 the rights to use would add conservatively another $1,500. They may like to consider a monthly retainer. At this stage quote no numbers and see if you can get some idea of what they have in mind. Simply say that the real calculations are so complicated you have no idea "Guys, gimme a clue"
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds more like a hired position to be their staff announcer on a regular web based television production. A salary might be the likely arrangement. You get less money per session, but you'll get long-term work and remuneration.

I know that individual appearances on network talk shows (on-camera and voice) pay from $700 down to $300 each, depending on lines read and other factors. As Philip suggested let them float you a number first if possible. If they don't, you might suggest $1,500 per week ($300 x 5).

Bon chance. And if you can let us know what you learned.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
jaug44
Contributor II

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Phillip, Bruce--thank you for your replies.

I was on the same wave length as both of you in going back to them and requesting some type of a number as it was unreasonable for me to try and quote a project like this.

Ultimately they gave me a per episode price with the usage mentioned. It's good but not great. The issue is though they're not sure of the amount of episodes per week right now. So the quote they gave could actually be really low or adequate or better should the number of episodes per week increase.

Thanks again guys for your advice...I always know where I can turn when I can't figure it out on my own!

email: jeff@jeffaugustinevo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: