VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progressing with my journey!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigsvoicetalent
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Progressing with my journey! Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have been following everybody's advice and studying hard, listening intently to every voice I hear on the TV and radio and I have also had numerous coaching sessions with some renowned coaches and voiceoverists!

I still have a goal of being ready to seriously put myself out there for March of this year. With goals, you must know if you are moving in the right direction.

I have attached my latest practice demo.
https://soundcloud.com/user-113018621/demo-with-snippets-us1

I think it is a huge improvement of where I was when I started. The most interesting feedback I would like is on which of the demos are getting close to the standard of getting "ENORMOUS JOBS with flashing lights and brass bands playing as you march through town at the head of the parade whilst mere mortals throw themselves at your feet weeping and wailing " as somebody round here would say!

Thanks as always for the great advice given in this community.

British Voice Over
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Climbing very nicely. BUT!

For the 39th time +VAT

NIT PICK

Style is looking good but some pronunciations are still a little lost, slurred or are wearing Dr Marten boots. (18 hole)
craigsvoicetalent
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Philip. To hear you say that I am moving in the right direction means a lot.
I am trying to nit-pick as much as I can. I am getting so much better at it but I think it is one of those skills that definitely get better over time. I am working hard to get a critical ear like you but I think it may take many years of practice to get anywhere close to your level.
As for my Dr Martin's - I can't remember what coloured laces I am supposed to wear as an apprentice voiceoverist!

British Voice Over
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At some point you need to work with a qualified demo producer to help you with great copy and top notch production.
craigsvoicetalent
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connie. That is my end goal. I want to make sure that I am absolutely ready to get my professional demo made before I start looking into who I will use to produce it. I think that will save time and energy. These are just practice demos and I am not doing any marketing of myself at this time.
Thanks for the comment.
Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YUUUGE improvement--your work is working. Connie's point about professional production will result in a major upgrade when you're ready--not just from a technical standpoint, but from performance for the pieces as well, since a good demo person will be also a good booth director and writer.

The segues in your current offering are sometimes abrupt, the lengths need some reigning in, and there is a sameness to each track's "talk to a music bed" structure. But then I'm not sure you're really asking about that stuff.

I am enjoying watching your commitment pay off, Craig.
craigsvoicetalent
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jack!
If it was not for this community I would still be light years behind where I am now. I needed a reality check and that's what I got here (in a nice way). The coaching and learning I am going through has given me a huge appreciation for those like yourself who have progressed to where I want to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: