VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SAG AFTRA Members in Mass in trouble with Health Plan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: SAG AFTRA Members in Mass in trouble with Health Plan Reply with quote

Got this last night. I resigned from the union a couple of days ago— had to send a letter to Tom Higgins. I told him, "The health plan merger threw me under the bus, so I’ve got to go off road."

I wonder if that sparked a bit of research on his part.
To be cynically vindicated: let the panic spread. Perhaps the SA Healthplan Board will finally pay attention to its malfeasance.

Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MASSACHUSETTS SAG-AFTRA MEMBERS WHO WILL BE COVERED BY THE NEW SAG-AFTRA HEALTH PLAN ON JANUARY 1, 2017

If, like me, you expect to be covered by the new SAG-AFTRA Health Plan on January 1, 2017, you probably have been looking forward to the considerable reductions in premium payments.
It has come to my attention that the S-A Health Plan does not meet all the requirements under Massachusetts regulations for “minimum essential coverage”. If that information is accurate, and the Plan is not able to get an exemption, those of us covered by the Plan may be subject to financial penalties when we file our 2017 state taxes in 2018.

The Plan meets the federal requirements under the Affordable Care Act, so this problem is unique to participants who live in Massachusetts.

As soon as I l have more information I will pass it along. I wanted to send this notification out immediately, as this is open enrollment at many employers and you may have other health plan options (a spouse’s plan, for example) that you may want to explore.

I should have more information in the next day or two. In the meantime, feel free to call or email me if you have specific questions/concerns and I will try to get the answers. Of course, you may contact the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan directly http://www.sagaftraplans.org/health/contact

Tom Higgins
National Director News & Broadcast
SAG-AFTRA
Cell 617-834-2964

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: