VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules: Easy to Live By

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> READ ME FIRST
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Rules: Easy to Live By Reply with quote

Welcome. I’m pleased to announce the resurrection of the VO-BB.com. The site is now under my name and oversight and is now open. I’m Bruce Miles, a long-time member of the VO-BB and a very long-time member of the voice acting community.

First order of business is a very heartfelt THANK YOU to Deirdre, DB Cooper, the founder and Czarina of this board for nearly 12 years. Through her efforts hundreds of voice talent, voice actors, voiceoverists, whatever you call us, have launched and improved their careers in this business. Deebs, you have left a wonderful mark on this business. Thank you for giving me to chance to keep this valuable resource going.

THERE ARE SOME RULES. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

This site is a mix of private and public.

Anyone who has a sincere interest in the voice over business can ask to join and be approved and brought into the group. That’s the public part.

The private part is that I have a responsibility to this community of like minds, and very friendly and supportive people, who have no other desire than to learn and share.

Like most people we enjoy a chance to commune with our co-workers. Since most of us work alone in a closet or a “cave”, this is basically our office water cooler or break room. You could call it our after-work watering hole, but our liquor license hasn’t been approved yet.

Therefore almost anything you think the voice community will be interested in hearing from you goes. We (myself and the moderators) will accept debate, even vigorous debate over certain issues, if there’s truly room for debate. However, we can’t tolerate TROLLING, or ad hominem (personal) attacks.

Here are forbidden topics and activities. It’s a short, but reasonable list:

No political posturing, as tempting as that may be this year!

No blatantly commercial posts.

Keep religionism at bay, please.

Even though they say all of the 7 Dirty Words on TV today, please try to avoid using them here.

No technology bashing such as PC versus Mac. No “my mic is the only one worth having”.

Please do not resurrect old posts (a month or more old) with a new comment. Start a new thread and if it’s important to do so, copy the URL address of the old post/thread and paste it into your new thread. That way those who want to can see the original.

Please refrain from quoting the full text of messages you're responding to. Hit the quote button on the post you’re referring to and delete all but the most important part of the message you’re referring to then add your comments. If your response will come right after the post you’re referring to, quoting isn’t even necessary.

Most of our members are busy professionals, so please don't complain about a lack of attention to your post or thread. Be patient. If you need advice for something very quickly, say so in the title of your thread, and for heaven's sake BE POLITE.

NEWBIES! Please enter this arena gracefully. Don’t be a know-it-all when you don’t know it all yet.

Please refrain from posting in larger fonts than normal, in all bold or all CAPS, and in a different colors. You can, but please do so sparingly.

Careful when quoting someone else’s email. It’s private correspondence. Get permission first or paraphrase what the other person said.

Everyone who was a member in July 2016 is still a member at the time of the re-launch.

Finally, everyone here is an invited member of this community. There’s a warning system for rule violators, but it is flexible depending on the level of offense. Please don’t make me pull this board over and leave you by the side of the road.

Thank you and welcome back!

Bruce

Rules originally created by DB Cooper, revised by Bruce Miles
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> READ ME FIRST All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: