VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test Driving a new website
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie,

Nobody is saying they don't like the style, or the theme. It's just REALLY painful to navigate. I have designed entire websites from scratch and tested them to death. The most important factor is how they navigate to the end user.

I just went back and looked again. It took me 15 seconds to even find the menu bars. Once I found the little white V, the entire page was taken over, bye bye theme. Then I couldn't find how to close the page. After more searching, I found the V again, but it was hard to see. Again, this was even after looking at the site again, 3rd time I think.

Now mind you, I'm web savvy, really web savvy. As in I was the Director of Quality Assurance for a website. If I am getting lost, you are going to lose potential clients who are not as savvy and simply get frustrated on the page.

My last suggestion, because I know you like the design would be to integrate the menus into the front page. Maybe even use Flash (GASP) to have the menus floating across the screen so they too become part of the fly by. The demos could be the same thing. Time it so every 2-5 seconds, a different clickable demo button soars by along with the motion of the screeen. Maybe even make the buttons, little eagle shapes?

It just seems imperative that it become more user friendly along with the great front page design.

Paul
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put in a request to make the Royal with Cheese menu button larger since this is a template.

I may get around to coding a custom page.
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say it's MUCH better on mobile. I didn't realize you could scroll the demos up until I just checked it out on my phone. With the computer I was clicking away with the mouse and nothing was happening. Maybe you could add a text field that says "Scroll Down"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: