VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Time Machine" Audiobook Sample

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackB
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: "The Time Machine" Audiobook Sample Reply with quote

https://soundcloud.com/jack-burr/jackburr-thetimemachine-excerpt

From H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine"
Scott Pollak
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you only posted the link and didn't indicate if you wanted feedback, critique, whatever, I will ASSUME you do, since you posted it in the "Critique" section.

I like your voice, quite a bit. You have a very engaging sound with an age-range that is a bit hard to define (which is good, because you can probably fit a lot of age ranges).

As an audiobook narrator, I, personally, just hate the trend of monotone delivery that so many narrators seem to think is vogue. I like the personality you're injecting into the read.

My only real suggestion is SLOW DOWN! A listener has to have time to take in the audio, process it and move on. Your very quick pacing makes it difficult to keep up. Pause more after sentences and paragraphs.

But other than that.... I really like what you have here!

www.voicebyscott.com
FinMac
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, and I think that is what you want, it was very difficult to follow.

Agree with Scott, the pace was way to fast. But for me, it was also difficult to differentiate between the 2 characters. That must be the real challenge to bringing an audio book to life.

Not an audio book narrator myself, so take my comments with a grain of salt. But I have recently been listening to a book produced as a radio drama, and because the actors are wonderful, it really brought it to life.

Hope those comments will be helpful.

"If you want to get to the top, you have to get off your bottom". (Unknown)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: