VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stock music possibilities

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don G.
King's Row

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Stock music possibilities Reply with quote

Don't know if anyone might be interested, but I just received an email from Sound Ideas noting that their Mix II broadcast series (buyout) music library in on sale for $199, down from $395. It's 10 CDs of broadcast length stuff. If you're just looking to stock up on some generic stock music and you do a lot of broadcast length work, it might be a good take. Here's the link with some demos http://www.sound-ideas.com/mix2.html

No, I don't get a piece of the action. Smile I just know that there are occasional posts regarding stock music and I thought there might be some interest here. Feel free to move this to the Gear section (or delete it altogether) if it's inappropriate here.
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word of caution, sort of...I bought Mix IV a few years ago and the music in some categories sounded kind of old then, and sounds even older now (very 80's). That's not true of everything in the collection...there are some very fine specialty cuts I've used many times. I've gotten my money out of it, but Mix II may sound even older yet in some categories. I'd definitely preview it.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
.....Mix II may sound even older yet in some categories. I'd definitely preview it.

B

Right you are Bruce. I got the same email and when I auditioned the cuts I decided to pass it by...the style of most of the collection is pretty long in the tooth for current use. (It's a good buy...it just may not be the right fit)
glittlefield
M&M

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With track names like "Van Whailen", I pretty much expect it to be a little dated. Smile

Still, I'm at the stage where I don't have thousands to dish out so it would be a good start for under $200, no? No doubt there are tracks that can be used and not sound like it's that old...

Besides, the 80's are back, baybeeee!!!
VO-BB Member #59
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you need Fresh Music.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPUZZ
Has brand-new stuff all the time.

Don't know about the taste quotient....
They're not Toby Arnold.
Bill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here at the office I use Sonicfire Pro,, custom lengths, beginnings and endings, and now the lastest version has multi track and "mood" something or other. I have about 9 discs, and depending upon the length selected it gives you slightly differetn arrangments, and within each there are slightly differing styles. Being I produce video for a fairly conservative organization, I do wind up with a lot that I cannot use. It might work even better for those that have a wider variety of uses. I like the fact that I can customize the length (pretty much) for use under moving graphics, openign titles, credits etc. They use music from other libraries, one that I remember is Music Bakery. also marketed as "Smartsound."

just another option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: