VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A testament to Shure quality!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmysVoice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: A testament to Shure quality! Reply with quote

Cool mic story.....

While editing a recent recording of an audio book, (recorded using a Shure PE585 that I bought way back in 1980), I noticed some really prominent noise, and upon investigation, found some tiny teeth holes in the cord (Well, what do you expect with 5 healthy, active cats in the house who somehow magically find their way into my studio from time to time? >~_^<).

Anyhoo, I took the cord to my local supplier (now, mind you, it's 25 years old - with a *threaded* connector...), and told the fellow behind the counter that I needed to replace it. His forehead wrinkled as he looked at the connection and said, "I've never seen one like this - how long have you had it???".

When I told him, he looked at me even more amazedly and said, "They don't make 'em like this anymore, Ma'am", and I very politely asked him to point me toward the new mic section.....

I am thoroughly pleased with my new Shure SM58! Does an AMAZING job of blocking out background noise - I may even be able to leave the air conditioner on in the studio this summer!

>^_^<
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SM-58 "happened last week" story is a gig I did with a drummer and a sax player. Somebody's retirement party. Well, I play bass and just as a side thought, brought my SM-58. I don't normally sing in public and really wasn't planning on doing that, anyway. Bring it was just an after-thought, along with extra cable, etc.

When it came time for the roast of the guest of honor retiree, nobody had thought to have a PA system available in a room seating about 150 people.

I plugged the SM-58 into my California Blonde (SWR pre-amp-speaker cabinet) and it sounded absolutely great after turning off the reverb.

It was one of those moments of reward for me, when the mic didn't get in the way of those using it. No feedback and I heard really good sound that was very intelligible. In fact, the combo sounded better than most of the PA systems I've heard people try to use.

CC
AmysVoice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: A Shure thing! Reply with quote

Very cool! Sounds like the trio I sang with *many* moons ago - except substitute keyboard for sax... I've tried others, but the Shure's are just the best!

>^_^<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: