VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website Concept Draft Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Website Concept Draft Help Reply with quote

Happy Hump Day, Everyone!

I've been struggling over design concepts for my first site. My designer and I agreed on the brand name "Daily Verbal Remedies" because it reinforces my name (Sean Daeley) and conveys some personality. However, conveying that visually has proved to be a bit of a challenge. I liked the direction my designer was going with both the tincture bottles, and the natural backdrop designs. However, when we combined the two, there was concern over things appearing too cluttered and obscuring the brand name.

I'm also concerned the "Verbal Remedies" motif may be too confusing. (as in "WHat is this guy selling? Plants or voiceovers?") Hence the "Your Daily Voice" example

I've spent almost two weeks puzzling over these designs, and would greatly appreciate some feedback. As always, thank you for your generous thoughts and advice.

Please let me know if you have any difficulty viewing the link (it's my first attempt trying to post images on the forum.)

Warmest Regards,

Sean

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xsaf1m5gqnbw0c6/IAF9IVQcWT
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sean! They are all different versions of the same thing. All but the last one. Honestly, I think you are working too hard to like something that doesn't represent your brand. This is something you need to figure out. You know you better than anyone else. I've seen people with great brand concepts and lousy demos, and I've seen lousy websites with brilliant demos. I'm all for knowing your brand. But that's just it. You put it out there when you know your brand, Don't seek out a slogan. If you know who your are and what you have to offer, how you promote it should be simple.
Ed Fisher
DC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you asked...

The last one "Your Daily Voice" gets my vote.

It's simple. Clean.

When communicating a message simpler is better.

Get too "cute" and it will go right over the heads of the majority of the great unwashed masses. Not a good thing. IMHO.
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your comments, Bob.

You're right, I've got a lot to think about. The "Daily Verbal Remedies" theme just feels right to me and what I'm trying to accompish, and I hope I'm not forcing it on myself. Part of me just wants to pick one design and be done with it, as i find myself growing stagnant and doubtful the more I analyze it. Hearing that they're not as different as I've grown to think was quite refreshing.

Again, thank you so much. ( i loved you in "I know that voice," btw, even though I still can't do a decent porky pig, even after your excellent breakdown and practical subtitles. May you never lose that job security. Smile

Warmest Regards,

Sean
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you as well, Clutter!

I'm beginning to realize that simpler IS better as I overcomplicate things. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: