VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

....and over to the expert!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: ....and over to the expert! Reply with quote

Based on a post I put on Ecademy, this was what happened.

From where is your business coming?
just had a look at August and business has arrived from clients in Dublin, Texas, Philadelphia, Aberdeen, Cardiff, London, Holland, Dubai, Belfast, Powys, Atlanta, Inverness, Glasgow and Germany while as a result of my network on Ecademy........... a big fat zero! Oh the power of networking, that is to say, appropriate networking. That's not to say it can't be fun on here but one has to see where the commercial value isn't as much as seeing where it is.

PM

Phillip...how is it that we are not connected? Hmmm...I don't get that...very strange indeed...guess we have never exchanged emails...only shared on forums on the voices united club...

I have seen your post and wanted to investigate further as to why you are getting the results you are getting in here...

I am going to be bold and say that I may be able to help you in that respect...should you be interested, that is!

Response

Nice of you to take the time to write. Results on here? We need to see what's happening in our worlds. Since the 1st of this month I've been booked to do 30 voice over jobs. These jobs included a movie starring Penelope Cruz, TV trailers, TV commercials, radio commercials, corporate videos and goodness knows what else. As I pointed out in my post, none of this work came from Ecademy but it is true to say some of it did come from a form of networking although nothing like what goes on here. How do you think you can help? Be interested to know.

Philip

PM

How much time would you say you actually spend in exchange in Ecademy, Philip?

Response

In the first couplle of months, regualrly blogged, emailed, helped, messaged and promoted myself to test the system. Offered a free case of wine and free voice overs. Nothing except about 6 people took me up on my free voice over offer. How much work have you received from here in the same period I received none and relative to your voice over work from other sources?

PM

I have been on only since July 23 and I've gotten 3 queries and been booked for one 3minute promo piece. I think the difference is belief. Shift how you percieve what's possible, Philip...if it's successful for so many others..the only possible difference can be what you believe is possible.

Everything you want in your life and in your professional life, Philip is available to you it merely requires you to shift into absolute belief in your power to live as your dreams exactly as you see them....

I think that you are VERY successful already...and You have quite a resume of previous works. I suspect you have quite a remarkable list of clients...so perhaps you think that ecademy isn't valuable to you....and it may not be....maybe you don't need it....

but based on the mere fact that you presented the situation that you presented...you do have an idea that an even greater level of success lies in wait for you somewhere within the structure of this site...it just seems to have eluded you somehow...

Am I somewhat right? I don't feel a need to be I just don't want to be going down the wrong lane in discussing this with you...so just catch me up thus far, won't you?

Response

I tested the system to see to what extent it would work believing the test would reveal the commercial value of Ecademy. My expectations were far from negative and the motive for offering the free voice overs and wine were to generate genuine good will as the offers were unconditional. AThe majority of my blogs were humourous in their nature and in no way cynically self-promoting.

No negative attitude, no negative expectations, no sense of greed, no hidden agenda. You'll notice that my post was based on evidence. Living the dream or my dreams? Life is exceeding my expectations and lovely it is too.

As to the amount of business done here, I know that what is said and what is done are poles apart.
No orders or clients in the last 17 days is not a metaphysical concept any more than believing you are able to walk to the moon and back will enable you to do it. Believing and allowing yourself to harness the power of the universe and your mind is a wonderful thing. Truly harnessed is enables you to recognise and say "The Emperor has no clothes".

Just thought I share this. Feel free to comment.
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No orders or clients in the last 17 days is not a metaphysical concept any more than believing you are able to walk to the moon and back will enable you to do it.

I especially liked this part of your last response .
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this another site that lets you pay to network? And empiricism suggests it does not bring you work?

Clearly, you should be sent to It on the planet of Camazots for reprogramming. Then you will be able to have exactly the same experience as your colleague.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must give you a nudge in your spelling.

Quote:
In Madeleine L'Engle's novel A Wrinkle in Time, winner of the 1963 Newbery Medal for children's literature, Camazotz is the name of a planet enslaved by the evil power of IT, from whom the protagonists Meg and Charles Wallace must rescue their physicist father.

from the Wikipedia entry for Camazotz
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad.

Thanks for the nudge.
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ....and over to the expert! Reply with quote

Let's see, here's our Banksey...

Banksey wrote:
Since the 1st of this month I've been booked to do 30 voice over jobs. These jobs included a movie starring Penelope Cruz, TV trailers, TV commercials, radio commercials, corporate videos and goodness knows what else.

And here's his correspondent...

Banksey wrote:
I have been on only since July 23 and I've gotten 3 queries and been booked for one 3minute promo piece.

I think the difference is belief. Shift how you percieve what's possible, Philip

Shift how you percieve what's possible, Philip, and you too can watch your voiceover business drop to 1/60th of it's current level, likely even lower!

Now there's a winning programme. (with a doff of the hat to the UK spelling)
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob....that was hilarious, when you put it like that! OMG I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: