VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just a little survey: Who uses Mac and Firewire interfaces?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Rick, I'm using a Firewire interface (in my case the M-Audio Profire 610) and it's rock solid. Only drawback is that I cannot get it to work with my Linux workstation so I continue to use Win 7 for all my audio recording and editing.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLynch wrote:
I have a 2006 model MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and a ProTools LE8. The MacBook Pro is getting to the point where fans and battery need to be replaced, but I have my microphone isolated in another space with some sound absorption. I was interested in the Mac Mini when reviewing new computers. Considering everyone here has it and likes it, I will be looking even further into it now when I get to the point I have to upgrade. The extra space on my desktop would be really nice.

I have a 2007 MacBook Pro running OS 10.4.11 (ummmm, tabby? Scottish Fold?) with ProTools LE7. I've always been afraid of doing any upgrades in the OS or ProTools, but maybe I'm just being a Luddite. How well do you find your computer handling Snow Leopard?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: