VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Word 2 Wav

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Pollak
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Word 2 Wav Reply with quote

Man, I HAVE TO thank Connie Terwilliger for this gem! And odds are all you geeks out there already knew about Word-2-Wav, but I didn't.

http://www.word2wav.com/index.html

I read about it and immediately purchased it. If, like Connie and me, you do a lot of e-learning style narration where you have to edit down to hundreds of individual files, this appears to be an absolute Godsend. I'm betting it will cut my editing time down by about 80%. Check it out.

www.voicebyscott.com
Dayo
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another very happy W2W user here...
heyguido
MMD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The automatic file naming and batch capabilities are worth their weight in gold.... Makes the drudgery of handling large numbers of files a lot easier.
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do NOT do multiple-file jobs without W2W ... it's just stupid.

heyguido
MMD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the per-click licenses are great for one-time projects. If you find yourself doing more, their upgrade policies are very liberal. Smile
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would have been nice last month. I had a 50-page e-learning script that the client needed in 2 days. Now I just have to do the bootcamp or parallels thing. Darn Windows-only software.
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the paragraphs are fairly short, you just record until you are happy and you are basically done with the editing. I did 5000 first names a couple of months ago and set it on auto-advance and basically cut my record:edit ratio down to about 1:1.5, from what can sometimes be 1:4 (or more if I am having a bad day).

The program saves all back up takes and also allows you to insert alternate takes. You can even edit the script to what you actually record and export that to send to the client.

I especially like the way it will take a multi-column spreadsheet and automatically combine the columns into a single paragraph (Company name, Dr. Name, Address, City, State, ZIP, phone)

Years ago before W2W, I was reading the Yahoo Voiceover Newsgroup posts and a woman (do not remember her name now) mentioned something about prompts in Vox Studio, which prompted me to send her a private note. I had to purchase Vox Studio due to a proprietary telephony format with file names longer than 8 characters. I used it convert the files to that format and put the right amount of silence on the beginning and ends of the files. I was recording the prompts about 20 at a time and then editing and saving by hand.

But the word prompt was a trigger - I needed to know more. By converting the "script" to their obscure text file (which took another piece of software, some special code and a Mac), I was suddenly able to record and save with the right file names automatically - and saves soooo much time, the job stopped being a chore.

I still use Vox Studio for the final conversion for some clients, but have moved to W2W for most of the actual recording of the files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: