VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doors open...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mllong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Doors open... Reply with quote

I took myself around last week to different radio stations looking for work....my last stop was at a Christian Radio station, since moving back to the area my knob was still stuck on KLOVE so I wasnt familiar with this station.
I was told to come back the following week when "everyone would be back" but in the meantime they were always looking for volunteers. Of course I jumped on that..Id been looking for an opportunity to help out where I was needed and what better place than a radio station??
I went Fri and met two of the announcers, It was a short conversation, but I told him that I was interested in doing promos, short announcements, things like that. We made an appointmentt to speak at greater length next week.
One of the other Announcers later walked in the office (I was just filing away) and she said "want to come back and see how it works??"
She took me back to the studio and gave me a rundown of her day...she even had me do a few comments on the local fair ( she put it on the air later). She liked my voice and put in a plug later to the other Announcer at the booth they had at the fair ( I showed up to help out and I LOVED it, meeting listeners and chatting)
I really needed this, not only the work, but I was invited to church, and I really really needed it!! Id hadnt gone in a few years (divorce, moving, depression). I do know that God is at work in my life and am constantly amazed at His provision.
Just wanted to share with everyone!!!!
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life moves in mysterious ways. Following your excitement and intuition can lead to great adventures, eh?
mllong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Its hard to break out of the "9-5" job mentality...and pursure those endless interests. The one job I truly truly loved was being an instructor in the military...yes it was very structured but within that structure I was able to accomplish so much!! Ive realized that I need that...
Im hoping that I will get the opportunity here tool

I finished listening to your album and Its great!!! Ive always loved techno and electronica I just cant help but move and dance when I listen to it...it is music that gets the body involved!!!
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mllong wrote:
...it is music that gets the body involved!!!

My pancreas enjoyed it which was a surprise as it normally goes for Perry Como or Napalm Death.
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mllong wrote:
Its hard to break out of the "9-5" job mentality...and pursure those endless interests.

On the contrary - I found it quite hard to stay in the "9-5" job mentality and not pursue those endless interests.

Laugh
audio'connell
T-Shirt

Location: in a dark studio with a single bulb light...day after day after....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banksey wrote:
My pancreas enjoyed it which was a surprise as it normally goes for Perry Como or Napalm Death.

PB, we all know what kind of trouble men can get in when they start letting their pancreas do their thinking for them! You be careful! Laugh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mllong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banksey wrote:
mllong wrote:
...it is music that gets the body involved!!!

Id never heard of Napalm Death..so I went to thier site and partook...Sounds like what my daughter was into last year...

and yep my bladder started to twitch....
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, thanks for listening peeps!
Banksey, blessings to yer pancreas!
Bailey
4 Large

Location: Lake San Marcos... north of Connie, northwest of the Best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Doors open... Reply with quote

mllong wrote:
I do know that God is at work in my life and am constantly amazed at His provision.

It's great when things fall into place... but you and I both know that nothing ever "falls" into place by itself. Kinda neat when it happens!
VO-BB Member #00044 W00T.gif" alt="W00T" border="0" />
AOVA Graduate 02/2004 ;
"Be a Voice, not an Echo."Ninja
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: